Visor de fogger

General Biker Banter
Anotherbikerbabe

Re: Visor de fogger

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Well I normally use washing up liquid,we both do. Tiny few drops,not too much,onto a piece of paper towel, rub lightly across the inside of the visor, rub lightly off, and hey presto. Last at least a cpl of weeks at a time. Works for me anyway. Other uses for this:

All bathroom mirrors and bathroom glass shelving
Car interior windows in winter...lol..Stops all steaming up :-)
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
Soutie

Post by Soutie »

alec wrote:
Soutie wrote:HI Alec, I bought a Caberg to use on the blood bike, it also misted up really easy. my solution was to use a pinlock insert that was for a Shoei, it wasn't a genuine Shoei pinlock but an after market item I managed to haggle it for a tenner (was for charity work and all)
Take your visor off and carefully mark of the hole position (measure twice drill once) I had to trim about 10mm from the top of the insert so the visor would close properly. The trimming doesn't affect the vision as the Shoei pinlock is wider than needed. So far I have tried it through freezing fog, rain etc with no probs
I tried to take some photo's for you, but as you can imagine taking a pic of a clear visor with a clear pinlock is crud
does the sun visor still work ok though ?
Yes it works fine, the pin lock insert does not affect the sun visor in any way
alec

Post by alec »

Soutie wrote:
alec wrote:
Soutie wrote:HI Alec, I bought a Caberg to use on the blood bike, it also misted up really easy. my solution was to use a pinlock insert that was for a Shoei, it wasn't a genuine Shoei pinlock but an after market item I managed to haggle it for a tenner (was for charity work and all)
Take your visor off and carefully mark of the hole position (measure twice drill once) I had to trim about 10mm from the top of the insert so the visor would close properly. The trimming doesn't affect the vision as the Shoei pinlock is wider than needed. So far I have tried it through freezing fog, rain etc with no probs
I tried to take some photo's for you, but as you can imagine taking a pic of a clear visor with a clear pinlock is crud
does the sun visor still work ok though ?
Yes it works fine, the pin lock insert does not affect the sun visor in any way
where did you get it from i cant find one for under 16 quid
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
Soutie

Post by Soutie »

I will be going past the shop again during the week its in Herefordshire so only a 4 hour ride for you :D , I'll pick you one up and post it down (hopefully I'll be in form and haggle the same price)
PM me if your interested.
alec

Post by alec »

Soutie wrote:I will be going past the shop again during the week its in Herefordshire so only a 4 hour ride for you :D , I'll pick you one up and post it down (hopefully I'll be in form and haggle the same price)
PM me if your interested.
yeah would be nice mate, do they come with destructions lol, i'll have to pay you by paypal though if ok
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
alec

Post by alec »

Timbo wrote:How bloody long does it take you to decide which one to buy? :whatever It'll be summer by the time you stop faffing and make your mind up and you wont need it then :biggrin

Get down your local shop and get some spray or a pinlock bought :) Or are you a tight butt and you are waiting for someone to come up with that free super duper magic anti mist swag ? :)
My local bike shops are all new bike dealers with high shop prices. Thats what happens when you live in the county town of kent, you pay premium prices :(
Soutie

Post by Soutie »

alec wrote:yeah would be nice mate, do they come with destructions lol, i'll have to pay you by paypal though if ok
Even comes with a drill bit, but DON'T use the stencil marker supplied as that's for a Shoei
Basically you remove the visor from the helmet then place the insert into the position you want and mark the hole position :!: do this twice to double check the marks are right before you drill other wise your visor might get a bit drafty :lol:
Remember to leave a gap towards the bottom of the visor so the insert doesn't affect the closing.
Once the insert is in position you will then see how much is needed to trim off the top edge of the insert.

Yea paypal is good for me as soon as I pick up your pinlock I'll drop you a lone
alec

Post by alec »

Timbo wrote:
alec wrote:
Timbo wrote:How bloody long does it take you to decide which one to buy? :whatever It'll be summer by the time you stop faffing and make your mind up and you wont need it then :biggrin

Get down your local shop and get some spray or a pinlock bought :) Or are you a tight butt and you are waiting for someone to come up with that free super duper magic anti mist swag ? :)
My local bike shops are all new bike dealers with high shop prices. Thats what happens when you live in the county town of kent, you pay premium prices :(
Its near London, therefore you must be rich :) Therefore, get to local bike shop and buy some :)

You decided what to go for?
yeah a pinlock :clap:
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

You need to learn to haggle a bit more at Hein Gericke in Maidstone!!!!
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
alec

Post by alec »

LotusSevenMan wrote:You need to learn to haggle a bit more at Hein Gericke in Maidstone!!!!
do they allow haggling in there then
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Oh, yes.
Haggling is allowed everywhere.
it's part of the fun, and fun when buying parts.

Try just using the "assumptive close" which is telling the young person on the parts counter on Saturday that you get -10% and saying that you always get this from the bloke that's on duty in the week.
Once you've got this, tell the midweek bloke that it was sorted out on Saturday...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
alec

Post by alec »

tony.mon wrote:Oh, yes.
Haggling is allowed everywhere.
it's part of the fun, and fun when buying parts.

Try just using the "assumptive close" which is telling the young person on the parts counter on Saturday that you get -10% and saying that you always get this from the bloke that's on duty in the week.
Once you've got this, tell the midweek bloke that it was sorted out on Saturday...
never thought of trying that, cheers tony :thumbup:
Soutie

Post by Soutie »

have a look at ebay 260734429035 or oxford ultra clear anti fog visor insert
they are selling for £8.50 free delivery
alec

Post by alec »

Soutie wrote:have a look at ebay 260734429035 or oxford ultra clear anti fog visor insert
they are selling for £8.50 free delivery
thanks mate, nice one :thumbup: