Midlands Workshop day

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
rob's red storm

Midlands Workshop day

Post by rob's red storm »

Morning guys, I'd definitely be up for it if it was during May! Clutch needs sorting and possibly head bearings! Only ever changed head bearings on bikes I was building from bits, never when the bike was together!
AMCQ46

Re: Midlands Workshop day

Post by AMCQ46 »

rob's red storm wrote:Morning guys, I'd definitely be up for it if it was during May! Clutch needs sorting and possibly head bearings! Only ever changed head bearings on bikes I was building from bits, never when the bike was together!
Rob, good to see you pick 2 easy jobs :lol:
head bearings ------ can be fun getting the lower race off the stem, but as I said, I have Hammers and grinders, you just might not want to watch! the other bits are easy to get out and back in, but I like to have the outer races in the freezer for 24hrs to help the assembly process.
if you get the taper kit from WEMOTO it has the bearings and the seals and I know that one works.

Sorting the clutch---------if it is grabbing, if I knew how to do that I would fix mine!

I will try and fix a date as it looks like at least 3 will subscribe.
AMcQ
rob's red storm

Post by rob's red storm »

---------if it is grabbing, if I knew how to do that I would fix mine!
Grabbing would be lovely!! Slipping like a b8stard (plates are fooked) :eek2
head bearings ------ can be fun getting the lower race off the stem, but as I said, I have Hammers and grinders, you just might not want to watch!
Hammers? No idea what one of them is....got a load of persuaders in my toolbox though! :thumbup: :D

I read the thread on tapers a while back but have only dealt with old brit iron in the past and planned on just getting some standard ones...but if peeps know what is involved with the tapers I'll give them a crack (and shove them in the freezer the day before)

I definately need the kick up the butt that this workshop would provide....little or no time to work on the bike recently has really let it slip (pun)

Finally got round to changing out the tacho bulb at lunch (it died in November) :sad2

"And Rob said, Let there be light:

And there was light"
cliveyandrews

Midlands Workshop day

Post by cliveyandrews »

My only problem is which one of my projects should I think of lol

I'd like a little help with the Acumen DGi if anyone's fitted one. Manual CCTs in box - maybe a stopper mod on Paulines. Guess we'd have to see how much time we get.

Can't wait to hear the roar of z garagefull of 'Storms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

cliveyandrews wrote:My only problem is which one of my projects should I think of lol

I'd like a little help with the Acumen DGi if anyone's fitted one. Manual CCTs in box - maybe a stopper mod on Paulines. Guess we'd have to see how much time we get.

Have a look at my post in the workshop section titled:
"Connecting an Acumen DGV Gear/Voltmeter"

That'll make it easy.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cliveyandrews wrote:My only problem is which one of my projects should I think of lol

Clive, I have never done the acumen, so you may have to follow the thread tony put out, but manual CCTs and stopper is no probs.

well it looks like enough interest, so I may have to set a date!

Clive & Pauline - CCT's
Rob - Head brgs and clutch
Kneewobbler - valve clarance, carb balance, linkage strip & grease, new fork springs and partridge in pear tree :)
Steveb - valve clearance
Geo - just passing but looking at stealing my enduro bike!
AMcQ
geodude

Post by geodude »

double post. Doh!
Last edited by geodude on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
geodude

Post by geodude »

AMCQ46 wrote:Geo - just passing but looking at stealing my enduro bike!
and possibly fit CCTs if I haven't done them already. I can only make it if it ties in with an in-law visit so I'm a possibly maybe not sure for sure. :biggrin

Check your garage. What enduro bike? :twisted:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

AMCQ46 wrote:
well it looks like enough interest, so I may have to set a date!

Clive & Pauline - CCT's
Rob - Head brgs and clutch
Kneewobbler - valve clarance, carb balance, linkage strip & grease, new fork springs and partridge in pear tree :)
Steveb - valve clearance
Geo - just passing but looking at stealing my enduro bike!
pm us your addy mate... as long as its a saturday i might have a ride down to kick some tyres.
i'll probably be on the kwak tho as the storm is sorned to stop me rushing the refurb lol :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Benny, the more the merrier..........you probabaly know the inside of the Storm better than I do so we should be able to cover a full rebuild and respray between us. :thumbup:
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

AMCQ46 wrote:Benny, the more the merrier..........you probabaly know the inside of the Storm better than I do so we should be able to cover a full rebuild and respray between us. :thumbup:
i'm doing crouton all. im just going to sit there and get recked, watch you fkers crouton your bikes up lol :lol:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I can just see this blue tent on me front lawn with a pair of boots sticking out, and a black bin back................ :lol: :beer:

and bring the shims :biggrin
AMcQ
harrier

Post by harrier »

what a great offer, Top marks for public spiritedness (is that a word) and what a great idea
Styler4077

Post by Styler4077 »

I'll pop up with a mate. Hopefully if the dates don't clash with some planed days out.
Will it be some time in late may?

Cheers
"Only one life, so live it and ride a motorcycle"
steveb

Post by steveb »

I can't do late May, hopefully i'll be suning myself in Spain (will def be in Spain, just hope the sun's shining). Early May? Or April, or March?
Happy ridin'
-------------------------------------------------
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
-------------------------------------------------