Saying Hello to you all

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
SNAKELANE

Saying Hello to you all

Post by SNAKELANE »

Hello all storm lovers :)

OK i am between storms at the moment (well i am bike less to tell the truth) My last storm left me ,due to money issues, but if things go right i will be in the market for a new storm (or other Bike) in the next 2 weeks :)

In my time i have owned a Thunder ace , ZZR 600,FZR 600 ,Aprillia ,RS 125 and the 1998 Storm.

Now the Ace i loved as i owned it from new, but no bike has ever felt as good as my Storm and i miss her loads .

Looking on the net there are a few good bargains ,re Storms out there right now so fingers crossed i will get one :biggrin .

So my question is

I know i want one, my heart tells me so, and so does my head (although i do want a 2001 upwards model with the bigger tank) but just to double check i am going for the right bike , i wanted you guys to play devils advocate and try and dissuade me (something i cant see happening) because you guys own Storms and since its been a year since i last had one, i could be looking back only seeing the good things and forgetting the bad :eek2

BTW I live in Nottingham am in between 30 and 40 and i also have a metal plate in my collar bone due to and argument between me, my storm and a bread crate :sad2
tony.mon

Re: Saying Hello to you all

Post by tony.mon »

You're right, they're an embarrassment on the road; I park mine away from the house in case any of my friends see them.

Easier to steal, too, but thieves have more taste than that.

The engine's a time bomb waiting to go off, CCT's let go and take chunks out of your legs, that's if you survive the explosion at top speed, which is around 45 on a good day, downhill.

The old bill pull one over on sight, as it's a sure nick, something will have fallen off due to the tooth-loosening vibration, usually a number plate, mudguard or rider.

And the tank range is the right place for them, as targets.

Colin Edwardes only raced one because he lost a bet.

I only ride them because I did something terrible in a previous life, and I can't find a hair shirt that matches my eyes.

Any use?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
SNAKELANE

Post by SNAKELANE »

LOL Good effort but i still want one

Mine will also be garaged, so wont have the problem of People seeing it .

Also i remember it being loud when i took the Baffles out and the wife didn't like me much when i did that , oh sorry we were looking for bad points :D
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

They give you STI's (well that's what I told the missus!).

:eek2 :thumbup: :D
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I had one of them STI's once, Optrex sorted it out in a couple of days.

It's normally spelt "STYE" though.

Wife said it was through too much winking.

I think that's what she said.......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome to the forum S/L :thumbup:

A good effort there from Tony :wink: :biggrin

Chris.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

welcome in fellow nottm man :wink: go the extra few quid and get an SP :biggrin
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........