Sidestand

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
masakabassist

Sidestand

Post by masakabassist »

Hey guys,

Are there any other side stands that will fit the storm? I'm having difficulty finding one at the moment so any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks, James
Wicky

Re: Sidestand

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
bigrich

Post by bigrich »

thats an sp one if you read the description and shorter than a storms
Honda Britain 50th anniversary storm (26 of 50)
Carbon Hugger
Carbon undertray
Carbon LED indicators
Clear LED rear light
Shark Skinz Bellypan
Harris RearSets
Ohlins Steering Damper
Proflex suspension
Remus high level carbon cans/micron stubbys
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Think of it as a 'Tom Cruise' mod ;)
bigrich wrote:thats an sp one if you read the description and shorter than a storms
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

bigrich

Post by bigrich »

ha i often wonder if ones been fitted to mine in the past as it seems to lean way too much!
Honda Britain 50th anniversary storm (26 of 50)
Carbon Hugger
Carbon undertray
Carbon LED indicators
Clear LED rear light
Shark Skinz Bellypan
Harris RearSets
Ohlins Steering Damper
Proflex suspension
Remus high level carbon cans/micron stubbys
masakabassist

Post by masakabassist »

I saw that one yesterday, mine went through the floor of a van and is bent. I've tried everything I can to straighten it out but everytime I use the stand it bends again, it's become really weak.

James
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Ouch! £60 new

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/part ... 530MBBD40/

Just keep trying ebay till one pops up

masakabassist

Post by masakabassist »

That is a bit steap! I've been trying breakers for weeks but to no avail. I'll just have to keep hunting. I was hoping maybe the part was interchangeable with another bike or something along those lines.

James
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Putting the stand part no into the 'where else is it used' query box shows it just fits the Storm

http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26 ... roup/STAND

Not even any second-hand superhawk stands on ebay that could be shipped over. Did you see the new custom adjustable stands in the States £100+

edit Have you used partfinders http://www.partfinderuk.co.uk/ I used them many moons ago before ebay virtually took over

masakabassist

Post by masakabassist »

I did but I wasn't returning any results (probably more to do with the search terms used). It's becoming a pain in the butt. I'm ready to put the bike through it's MOT etc but I don't want to keep using that stand as I'm afraid it will end in tears. :(
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

This has popped up in the US - don't know of they will ship overseas

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-05-Ho ... ccessories

ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Just a thought,does anyone know what metal the sidestand is made of, can it be strengthened by welding a brace to it?
masakabassist

Post by masakabassist »

ChrisC wrote:Just a thought,does anyone know what metal the sidestand is made of, can it be strengthened by welding a brace to it?
I like that idea. Can all metals be heat treated to become stronger or am I barking up the wrong tree?

James
alec

Post by alec »

masakabassist wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Just a thought,does anyone know what metal the sidestand is made of, can it be strengthened by welding a brace to it?
I like that idea. Can all metals be heat treated to become stronger or am I barking up the wrong tree?

James
they can sort of, there's different methods for different types of metals, some will soften rather than harden if not done correctly, and some will crack if cooled too fast, its maybe worth finding out what its made of then looking it up on the web. some metals need to be cooled in oils or similar. i'm sure someone will have more knowledge than me on this though so wait for more responses.
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

FirestormMike wrote:Given the way they bend easily, I think they're made from chocolatium.
so they should get stronger if you give it the beans?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.