The boat that guy built

General Biker Banter
tinysmall

The boat that guy built

Post by tinysmall »

Did any one watch it? I thought that was bloody good telly to be honest and I can't wait for' next episode. And his crazy hair always makes me laugh. What a thoroughly charming chap.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
lloydie

Re: The boat that guy built

Post by lloydie »

sounds like your in love :lol:
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

SSsshhh, dont spoil it. It's not on up here till Friday.
Rich.

bigrich

Post by bigrich »

and what about when the boat sank...priceless! oh sorry cupasoup
Honda Britain 50th anniversary storm (26 of 50)
Carbon Hugger
Carbon undertray
Carbon LED indicators
Clear LED rear light
Shark Skinz Bellypan
Harris RearSets
Ohlins Steering Damper
Proflex suspension
Remus high level carbon cans/micron stubbys
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

bigrich wrote:and what about when the boat sank...priceless! oh sorry cupasoup
I want to know where they managed to find an Iceberg in the middlands!
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

And who'd have thought a U boat crew would still be active in that area this long after the conflict?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

FirestormMike wrote:
cupasoop wrote:SSsshhh, dont spoil it. It's not on up here till Friday.
You sure Rich, a few on SBF have watched it and commented on the forum. :?
You can get regional English BBC channels on sky, that's where they saw it. I ditched Sky last month so only access to BBC Scotland now.
Rich.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

For me it made a great change to see something different than the usual rubbish they put on. I thought they got quite a lot into the half hour programme :thumbup:

Tim, he reminds me of Fred Dibnah too :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Timbo wrote: Chris, for me Fred Dibnah was an absolute legend of a man, what an engineer and he was so passionate about it. When i 1st moved "oop norf" i lived in Bolton, about 1/2 a mile from Fred's house "two cats", he had all his workshops and stuff down the back and you used to see him out and about in his old landy and on his steam engines, what a character.

Guy Martin, also a character and passionate about the same sort of thing, but he isnt Fred :)
Tim, I have to agree with you there, I thought Fred Dibnah IMHO was a legend too :thumbup: Definitely a man who knew his work and like you say a real character, a one off :thumbup:

In my mind as much as Guy reminds me of Fred he's never going to replace him.

Chris.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

sirch345 wrote:
Tim, I have to agree with you there, I thought Fred Dibnah IMHO was a legend too :thumbup:
Chris.
they used to have a annual steam fair at the air base near where i grew up and i once got to have a ride on fred's steam engine 'bessie' :thumbup:
this one
i was impressed.
was also impressed with his flagrant disregard of health & safety laws and the environment when demolishing chimneys the old way :biggrin
[youtube][/youtube]

http://www.freddibnah.co.uk :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

That were a bloody good video that. Though the name plate on his engine says Betsy, not Bessie :D
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tinysmall wrote:the name plate on his engine says Betsy, not Bessie :D
sorry bud, i was about 7 at the time lol!!!
there used to be a few dozen engines & they used to circle round the old taxiing runway and i remember we turned up late, on my dad's placcy 90.
everyone else was packing up to go but my dad went & had a word with fred & he lifted me up on the cabin and off we went for a few laps - i'll never forget it :biggrin

also remember being amazed at warinus strode's steam organ playing old war tunes..... forgive me if ive spelt that wrong as well lol - i'll see if i can find a vid of it - it's amazing!
[youtube][/youtube]

sure you can imagine the amazement at seeing / hearing that as a little kid, amongst all the steam, smoke, fairground smell etc! :clap:

lol theres some fantastic ones on that same page - get on this one doing madness :cool2
[youtube][/youtube]
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

Lol. Blame the wife. She's a spelling Nazi. It's starting to wear off on me, which is terrible because i know just how annoying it it :D Apologies and all that.

That must have been amazing as a kid. It would still be bloody brilliant now tbh.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

I thought it a good show too Boss!

You can see where the directors thought this character of Guys could be in terms of another style but similar Fred. I met Fred when he was at the Kent County show and he came round looking at the Stationary Engines; one of which I was exhibiting. Had a few words etc. Seemed to always be the same chap on or off camera!!!!
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
bandsawman

Post by bandsawman »

Loving this thread.... :)
Going anywhere in a car is a journey, going anywhere on a bike is an adventure!