Avon Azaros

General Bike chat
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Now thats more like it.
Glad you enjoyed it Hooner. I wouldn't mind doing one of them myself some time.

Pete.l
Notice there was no details on your pants though :D :D :D
ex-viffer

Re: Avon Azaros

Post by ex-viffer »

Nice write-up, Pete, but you left some details out. There are actually more than one type of the new Azaros - the SP and the ST.
I've had a mix on the FahrtSturm for the last few months - got the AV49-SP on the front, and the AV46-ST on the rear. This combo works brilliantly.
Only complaint I have is that I'd had them on only a couple of weeks and I came out to the garage at the end of the day and the rear one was flat. A tiny nail had just missed the tread block and poked a hole in the rain stipe. elbow!
Luckily, the guy that fitted the Azaros plugged it for free, and it's been as good as gold since then.
These Azaros were said to be completely different from the last model (AV35/36, IIRC), and they are. I'm glad I went with them instead of the Diablos I was going to put on, as they were about the same price but are supposed to offer longer life, being a slightly harder compound.
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.