what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
pinkyfloyd

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Today and replaced the levers and finally got to ride the beastie in the sunshine. :thumbup:
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
bandsawman

Post by bandsawman »

Took it for an awesome 200 mile blast around the Yorkshire Dales :D :D :D :D :D :D
Going anywhere in a car is a journey, going anywhere on a bike is an adventure!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

your welcome :thumbup:
alec

Post by alec »

fitted mini carbon indicators kindly donated by CheekyKev, liked the old ones but love the look of these especially the rears as i had to fit them off the rear panels and they come out at an angle, fitted my forum sticker to the screen and it matches the paintwork nearly perfect (pic in sales and wants section)
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

not sure i like them yet (wheel rim stickers)
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Mine is Black with Red stickers (fastest colour stickers) and I'm humming and haaing over getting red rim tape.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
rob's red storm

Post by rob's red storm »

I went with the red rim tape as well, but the thinner stuff. Tried it with standard width tape from halfrauds and it looked shite!
bigrich

Post by bigrich »

timbo, not 100% convinced on that pic alone, think i would have to see the whole bike to make my mind up!

as for the yellow wheel rims.....think they will be a grower...give em a chance, I bought some red ones a few years back but never got round to fitting them!
Honda Britain 50th anniversary storm (26 of 50)
Carbon Hugger
Carbon undertray
Carbon LED indicators
Clear LED rear light
Shark Skinz Bellypan
Harris RearSets
Ohlins Steering Damper
Proflex suspension
Remus high level carbon cans/micron stubbys
alec

Post by alec »

woke up at 4.30 this morning due to a bloody cold (i know i'm a wuss) so been and stripped the indicator switch out and cleaned it couldn't believe how much crap was in there but switch moves freely now and works straight away instead of the relay giving several ticks before the lights come on,
result. :thumbup:
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Well today I'm heading to the local garage to get my sump bolt losened. After a disasterous attempt at an oil and filter change yesterday I resigned to calling the mechanic to see if he could get the bolt freed. He's kindly offered to crack it open for me so I can finally change the oil.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

good luck with the sump bolt i had the same problem but i had to replace the sump in the end as it wouldnt shift :redface
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Timbo wrote:Went for spin to Chorley to pick up powder coat bits. Getting the rest done now as i like the effect. All black R3 Roadster, little chrome.

Before

After

What you think?

Yes i know it is very dirty, ridden and not cleaned a lot lately :)

And thanks to who ever for changing the title to Bike :)
you cant have one nice and clean painted part on the bike as the rest of the bike wll get jealous :eek2
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

lloydiecbr wrote:good luck with the sump bolt i had the same problem but i had to replace the sump in the end as it wouldnt shift :redface
Ended up letting the mechanic change the oil, he got the bolt off with a breaker bar 8O So rather than me over tightening it afterwards I just let him do the whole lot.

Timbo wrote:Maybe one day my post in this thread will be "cleaned it" :)
Was thinking the same thing today. To clean or not to clean. Half of me says the bike not only needs it but deserves a clean but the other half is proud of his coating of white forensic dust that was applied too all the smooth parts when the bike was vandalised.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Timbo wrote:Went for spin to Chorley to pick up powder coat bits. Getting the rest done now as i like the effect. All black R3 Roadster, little chrome.

Before

After

What you think?
Tim, not wishing to dampen your fire and I know black is the new chrome, but IMHO going by those two photo's I prefer the chrome finish 8O
That's probably because I'm Old School :wink: Mind you I'm not a big fan of exhaust wrap either, but plenty of others like it. If I saw your bike in the flesh I might have a different opinion.

It's a personal thing I'd say, so if you like it go for it :thumbup: just make sure you're 100% certain before having anymore done. The only downside with powder coating afaik is if it gets stone chipped, it's not possible to touch it up as you can with a painted item.

Chris.
bugsbunny911

Post by bugsbunny911 »

CLEANED it because I can't just let it rot in the kitchen waiting for spring