WORKSHOP DAY.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
tony.mon

Re: WORKSHOP DAY.

Post by tony.mon »

Glad everyone enjoyed it, knackered now!
And a big thanks to Jonesy and Bazza for their expertise and help- couldn't have done it without you guys :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks for all the comments, makes it worthwhile.

But once again, it's you lot what done the work, I just stood back and watched.

And now you know what you're doing, you can confidently tackle some more jobs for yourselves.

My daughter took loads of pics, I'll load them up tomorrow, as she's gone out for the night with her camera.
Now we've all met each other it'll be good to arrange a meetup- think the Ace was mentioned.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

bazza696 wrote:
Nice cocking my leg over your best for a bit.

I was too busy to notice, but was that why she had a sore throat and had lost her voice?
elric

Post by elric »

Massive thanks to Tony for hosting the day and big thanks to your family for letting us take over your home as well.
Meeting all of you was great, real top guys.
Learning or teaching, everyone was looking out for each other.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yea meetup idea is a good one and beers go without saying.

now some pics, low res but if anyone wants an original copy just shout with an email addy and I will post. If anyone wants the lot they zip up into four files totaling 16 something meg.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
It's only easy if you know the answer!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Well spotted, Mac: today's Times headline:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

alec wrote:Leonie says a big thank you to MINTY for letting her rev the nuts out of your bike lol :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oi!! Watch it PHILL!!! 8O
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
alec

Post by alec »

MacV2 wrote:
alec wrote:Leonie says a big thank you to MINTY for letting her rev the nuts out of your bike lol :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

She wants to know if your gonna post the pics you took mate especially the one of her on your bike ?
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

alec wrote:
MacV2 wrote:

She wants to know if your gonna post the pics you took mate especially the one of her on your bike ?
Er no i'm not , but did send them to Tony to post up, but I think he's having a deserved day off today, I know he wont be cutting the grass either!

It was was Tonys bike in the photo, Leonie was asisstant leaver pumping to Dr Jonesy Proffesor of Brakes :thumbup:
She was an able asisstant & even refrained from making Brrmmm Brrmmm noises whilst astride Tonys bike. (Unlike Tony who does it all the time when he's on it as it's only a yellow one & it makes him feel like its going faster! :wink: )

P.S. you have a PM
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Not exactly a day off!
Tidying up, putting away, cleaning the BBQ and pressure-washing the oil stains off the drive front and back.....

I'll post up pics later, still waiting for daughter to come home from last night out, and she has a load of pics as well.

We had two more cheese metal inspection caps hammered out of their owners pride and joy, I really must get a supply of those in stock :lol:

But you kind lot left me some presents:
One 8mm combi spanner, with super chrome one side, granite the other in raised lettering
One long series 14mm socket, Taskmaaster
and possibly one short 14mm socket as well, Halford professional.
(Not sure about this one as I have several but can't remember how many, lol)
And Jonesy left me his Ducati workshop coat, so if I want to look like a stores man with a italian accent.....Funny, but when I shook it there was no rattle, I reckon it's a Chinese knock-off.

PM me if you want them to come home, or just post a jiffy bag.

And I got my present; Jonesy fitted me an SP1 master cylinder and adjustable dog-leg lever, and trying it out last night I got a lovely little bunny-hop stoppie, so happy with that....
Better than Christmas! (although if you're reading this, Mum, lovely comfy socks, just what I needed).
So ta, mate!
Last edited by tony.mon on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

You can keep the coat Tony with my best regards.
As for the braking, sounds like you're as pleased with it as I was.
Great day all, you're a great bunch, hope to see you all again soon.
Roll on wales!!!!!!!
Chris.
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
Darknomad

Post by Darknomad »

What can i say she is a totally different beastie now
The rear brake actually locks now the front with the new suspension is responsive
Cleaning up the fluids and calipers made a huge difference
She wants to keep pulling on the motoway
The rides more firmer my wrists dont hurt as much
Im thinking cos. The fronts a bit higher than before

And i accidently wheelied taking of three times today the other two was intentional
And i have full confidence in her engine
Old yella feels like a new puppy
Meaning theres a lot more life in her so i wont be needing to
Take her round the back of the barn and give her both barrels
Yet
east london/essex [leyton ]
robwestwick

WORKSHOP DAY.

Post by robwestwick »

Hey!

Really good to meet all you guys yesterday and receive some help with the CCT's. It was great that everyone just chipped in and helped each other.

Highlights for me (apart from gaining some mechanical confidence) was seeing Tony's original garden ornament - a storm no less! And seeing how Yeti fits on the bike!

Top blokes with top bikes!

Ride safe
Darknomad

Post by Darknomad »

does he fit the only picture i can make is either similar to the lil toon on top of our forum or he has boots with roller blades on
east london/essex [leyton ]
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

Went down to the garage to tighten up the rear cct as I wasnt completely happy with it when I left yesterday, and found a small dribble of oil seeping through from where the locking nut is 8O I bunged in some gasket sealant and tightened it back up. Sounds much better but is the oil normal if the cct isn't tight enough? As said, it was coming out from the locking nut, and not from where the cct joins onto the engine block.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That's been mentioned by a few guys who have fitted manual CCT's. A drop of thread lock seems to resolve the issue. It's what I used on mine when I did them last week. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Pictures as promised, some of my daughter's and some of Mac V2's.
http://s616.photobucket.com/albums/tt25 ... hop%20day/