Firestorm frame

General Bike chat
Andrew

Firestorm frame

Post by Andrew »

Hi all, how ya doing?

Im after a new firestorm frame for a project and have been offered a frame with no documentation and no numbers left on it, what would be your advice, the bike isnt going on the road so in theory i dont need any documents, what would you do, take it or steer clear? Oh he wants 150 quid for it, is that a good price?
BP team

Post by BP team »

A frame, just for tracks days, you don't need any documents. But be carefull it didn't came from an accident where the frame could had been hurt.
Many frame without number and docs came from accident declared "repairs up to bike value" what we call "declared rsv" in france.
So some time the frame is in very good conditions.

150£ doesn't seem to me to be expensive. But be carefull with littles cracks on welds or some twisted parts, or problem in the front cylinder of the frame where the yokes fit (translated : steering cylinder?)

oliv'
Craig

Post by Craig »

Be careful though as I think they are about to/already are/trying to make it so that you have to have the V5/proof of ownership of a bike to go out on the track (including track days) so you will need something with documentation etc.. but best look into it as I don't know for sure..
2001 Wr400 Supermoto | www.r6-yzf.co.uk
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

I would ask him why he has no chassis number on it then if it sounds dodgy then call the boys in blue cos it might me your bike next.

Del (paranoid)