what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
mik_str

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by mik_str »

benny hedges wrote:a preview....
if you think that is bright you should see it in sunlight lol :cool2

just the front wheel, forks & yokes to paint then refit the exhaust, seat & fairing. :beer:

cant wait to ride it again
Looking good! Can't wait to see the finished product :)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
paulV2

Post by paulV2 »

marlbororman wrote:
paulV2 wrote:washed it, checked it over and now waiting for tomorrow as its MOT time :?

me too :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

passed with flying colours 8) 8) 8)
alec

Post by alec »

been busy on the bike this week today i fitted some VFR clip ons many thanks Rog for the speedy postage, and benny you were right about the extra confidence with the spacer and the bars got to take it a bit easier, time to stop working on it and start riding it.
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
alec

Post by alec »

FirestormMike wrote:TPS for the second time. :lol:
i looked at the guide on this but couldn't understand a word of it :?:
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
Leewarne

Post by Leewarne »

Removed the right side footpeg and hanger, right side mirror changed the grips for pro grips and bronze bar ends.
All because I slid down the road this morning after the rear decided to go one way and not the way i was pointing the front wheel. :thumbdown:

still the bar ends look good :lol:
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

paulV2 wrote:
marlbororman wrote:
paulV2 wrote:washed it, checked it over and now waiting for tomorrow as its MOT time :?

me too :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

passed with flying colours 8) 8) 8)

Ditto :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

busy again... didnt realise how burnt my shoulders were getting til i got in the shower lol! theyre bright red!

i stripped the old paint (and salt) off the forks and repainted them in satin hammerite - they look brand new again :)
gave the front wheel a coat of paint with some new hardener that came yesterday - it goes off in 2hrs :o
then i took the clocks off and fitted my mot speedo ;)
then the fairing bracket, yokes etc got a rub down & repaint, clocks back on, had a look at the wheel and noticed a big ugly run down the middle :Argue 1:
anyway, it had set enough to rub it out then finished it off while i cleaned the discs up and put the calipers back together.

i'll let the paint on the forks & wheel go off overnight then put all the front back together again.
also cleaned all the overspray off the seat & finished off the back end, fitted tail lamp and stuff.

then i was bored so i polished up the hangers like chrome and also made a helicopter spotter :biggrin
now i'm not normally one for shiny stuff and the filler cap was sprayed black, but every time i filled up the paint smudged and messed the tank up. dont want that happening on the new paintjob lol :Ball Kick:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Trouble is, you'll have to unbolt it to polish it every clean, otherwise you'll get polish on your paint again....
Looks good for now, though.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

some more sparkly bits...

before (they were just as bad on the front, bad salt damage...

& after.
the back side is getting sprayed black tomorrow.
did these with 800 w&d then 1200 then 1200 with solvol, then rags.

dunno whether to lacquer them yet, cba taking them off to polish them every week!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Looks nice, Benny. Id say lacquer 'em!

My 08 'blade indo's.

Smoked rear light will finish that off.

Im thinking of going mirror mounted indo's up front, but is there a decent way if filling the holes in the fairing?
Manxman

Post by Manxman »

benny hedges wrote:busy again... didnt realise how burnt my shoulders were getting til i got in the shower lol! theyre bright red!

i stripped the old paint (and salt) off the forks and repainted them in satin hammerite - they look brand new again :)
gave the front wheel a coat of paint with some new hardener that came yesterday - it goes off in 2hrs :o
then i took the clocks off and fitted my mot speedo ;)
then the fairing bracket, yokes etc got a rub down & repaint, clocks back on, had a look at the wheel and noticed a big ugly run down the middle :Argue 1:
anyway, it had set enough to rub it out then finished it off while i cleaned the discs up and put the calipers back together.

i'll let the paint on the forks & wheel go off overnight then put all the front back together again.
also cleaned all the overspray off the seat & finished off the back end, fitted tail lamp and stuff.

then i was bored so i polished up the hangers like chrome and also made a helicopter spotter :biggrin
now i'm not normally one for shiny stuff and the filler cap was sprayed black, but every time i filled up the paint smudged and messed the tank up. dont want that happening on the new paintjob lol :Ball Kick:
Hey Benny, I think you could be turning into a bit of a tart with all those mirror bits on the bike. Good thing is though........there's plenty of room under the seat for your make-up bag. :lol:

Looking very nice and i can't wait to see it when it's finished. :thumbup:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

lol tw@! its purely practical, just cos the paint that was on it kept running and marking the tank.
ive got a carbon cover on the way for it.

bikes nearly done atm, just got to fit the exhaust, fairing & battery then fuel it up & bleed the brakes & clutch.
it'll need a good clean once its all together, typical spannermonkey marks all over it.

once thats done i'll make some brackets up and fit the new lowers & decals :D

NAKED :beer:
cant fit the fairing til tomorrow cos im waiting on some more rubber trim, but i'll put it all together ready to go on :thumbup:
rob's red storm

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by rob's red storm »

Today I have removed the left hand exhaust baffle after the right hand made a break for freedom on the way back from picking up some bits from tony's! Some tw@t had put a nut in which was rusted solid...cue the oxy and it didn't stand a chance! Now the pipes are loud enough to set off the neighbours car alarm. Awesome
phild

Post by phild »

Benny, thanks for the info on trim , will look great on my cafe racer project, black edging against red.
Must say your bike should look very smart when finished, can't say same about your lawn though, lol.
Cheers Phil
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

Rode it :D :D :D :D :D

At Benny, where did ya get yer rubber trim from ???