VFR clip on's ?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
arnie

VFR clip on's ?

Post by arnie »

I believe that some folk have fitted some VFR clip on's on their VTR to make the riding position slightly better on the wrists. Which model VFR clip on's am I to look out for ?. Cheers Arnie.
Stratman

Re: VFR clip on's ?

Post by Stratman »

VFR750 from around 1998. I have some in the garage and I will get round to fitting them instead of watching the royal wedding methinks.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Tat_Man

Post by Tat_Man »

arnie wrote:I believe that some folk have fitted some VFR clip on's on their VTR to make the riding position slightly better on the wrists. Which model VFR clip on's am I to look out for ?. Cheers Arnie.
I filed that bit off the locating dowels on my standard ones today and swung them forward a bit..it feels completely different.
Much better on the wrists and suits wider shoulders better. It also seems easier to throw around :thumbup:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

mine were of an 02 vfr800.
you will have to trim the fairing a bit though.... i posted a pic the other day of how much you need to trim off.
quite a common mod.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
arnie

Post by arnie »

Tat_Man wrote:
arnie wrote:I believe that some folk have fitted some VFR clip on's on their VTR to make the riding position slightly better on the wrists. Which model VFR clip on's am I to look out for ?. Cheers Arnie.
I filed that bit off the locating dowels on my standard ones today and swung them forward a bit..it feels completely different.
Much better on the wrists and suits wider shoulders better. It also seems easier to throw around :thumbup:
Are the locating dowels not a safety feature or does it not matter :Whistle:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

arnie wrote:
Tat_Man wrote:
Are the locating dowels not a safety feature or does it not matter :Whistle:
you won't have locating dowels with vfr bars either bud.....
all was well with mine til a sporty take off against a merc sl at the lights.... the right bar came in on me... sh1t meself lol!
make sure theyre done up good & tight.... best to put loctite on the screws as well (and between the stanchion and bar)
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I rode my Storm for 20,000 odd miles with the original bars up to the top of the forks and without the locating lugs engaged with no problems at all. With VFR bars you won't have any lugs to locate anyway, as has been said.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

arnie

Post by arnie »

Thanks guys . I think I will start by doing tat-mans filing off and move the clip on first before I buy some VFR ones..