probably another stupid question :)

General Bike chat
marksmiffy

Post by marksmiffy »

Got some minted advice on here...Sorted my Cam timing with the help of some very tolerant members ( they know who they are )....Just took back wheel out...Scraped a blade on the ridge to give a straight line and nitromors....left some manky looking ally where the paint scabbing was so started with p180 then 400,1200 and 1500 followed by Solvol Autosol....Wheel looks mint :D so thanks fellas for the polished rim advice :beer:
Right here's my problem...bought a paddock stand and bike sitting on that as back wheel still out and gona get a pair of tyres....how d'ya get front wheel off floor? :? thought about a bit of timber under sump and jack carefully but daren't....aint got a beam to hang it on benny b4 ya say lol and aint got one of them front paddock stands :roll:

So do i need to purchase some kind of front paddock stand or is there another way ?

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Mark :D
marravtr

Re: probably another stupid question :)

Post by marravtr »

wood under the sump and a trolly jack, done it loads of times and its never fell over! :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

yep wood and trolly jack under the sump works fine..i also rest the forks on 2 breeze blocks with rubber mats ontop to stop them getting scratched...just one pump up and its the right hight to just wheel the wheel straight in and push the spindle through.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tattoo wrote:yep wood and trolly jack under the sump works fine..i also rest the forks on 2 breeze blocks with rubber mats ontop to stop them getting scratched...just one pump up and its the right hight to just wheel the wheel straight in and push the spindle through.
take the front mudguard off & you dont have to lift the wheel up so much
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I use two paddock stands
Works for me

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

you could use 100 - 150 average sized helium baloons tied to the top yoke but make sure you tie the bike down lol!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Wouldn't be without a bottle jack + wooden block (an offcut of bamboo flooring) and it doesn't take up so much space. Once the front wheel is removed, an axle stand under the front spindle provides additional stability. With an Abba stand, this and a bottle jack under the sump means you can whip the forks out too.
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
marksmiffy

Post by marksmiffy »

Thanks all :D used the trolley jack method and after a few attempts of getting it in just the right place works fine...bike is a little wobbly but all i've done to make sure kids don't knock it over is hide the garage key :lol:
:beer:
p.s think i'll be investing in another paddock stand tho :)