what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
benny hedges

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by benny hedges »

better still.... a wife box. :twisted:

http://www.parcels2go.co.uk timbuktu 1 way :wave:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Gave it a rest.
It's getting stick coils (and sorting out why the fan doesn't cut in at all) tomorrow, so it deserves a day off.
Only fair, considering....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

got my kit on for a ride & heavens opened.... then stopped then started then stopped then started. :roll:

did some maintenance instead, jacked the needles another notch, balanced the carbs, fitted some new plugs, cleaned the air filter, cleaned the chain & tried some different grease, changed vac lines & fuel lines for blingier braided ones....
roads are dry now so i'll go & test it out - see you at eastham Tap later if you're going.
(and if it stays dry!)
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
alec

Post by alec »

benny hedges wrote:got my kit on for a ride & heavens opened.... then stopped then started then stopped then started. :roll:

did some maintenance instead, jacked the needles another notch, balanced the carbs, fitted some new plugs, cleaned the air filter, cleaned the chain & tried some different grease, changed vac lines & fuel lines for blingier braided ones....
roads are dry now so i'll go & test it out - see you at eastham Tap later if you're going.
(and if it stays dry!)

i was going to fit braided hoses under the tank for fuel etc but couldn't find out the pipe diameters Benny, what have you used mate ?
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

fitted me rack and topbox, and started packing for the TT on saturday! :biggrin
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Just got round to cleaning the old girl after the welsh run last weekend. Was a bit manky, but shining now :)

Then fitted some new EBC pads in the back and all good.
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

alec wrote:
i was going to fit braided hoses under the tank for fuel etc but couldn't find out the pipe diameters Benny, what have you used mate ?
4mm id for the vac hoses, 12mm for the fuel lines.
std is 10mm id but with 10s it used to stutter under hard accel on full throttle.
fitting 12mm line sorted it & dont need to run the fuel pump now

gave mine a thorough testing tonight and managed to get to the orange lamp in 83 miles!!! :beer:
needless to say i was making progress... bike feels very very fast now and picks up through the gears like a motocrosser - very happy with the improvements on the fuelling though it is very thirsty now!
it's on 50 pilots, 200/203 mains with needle on the last clip & .5mm shim with mixture screw 3/4 turn out front & back - thats with bmc race filter & modded intake :shh:

was out with this orrible lot
i got through 2 headlamp bulbs tonight due to condensation inside the lamp... managed to sort it temporarily by stuffing it with rolled up bogroll from maccys, which is now very soggy but has soaked up all the steam.
steam was condensing inside and running down the reflector onto the bulb, obliterating it.
i spent as much on h4 bulbs as fuel today :Ball Kick:

one lad was on a cbr125 tonight and managed to blow it up trying to keep up!!!
he was about to put a match to it then remembered he's on tpo insurance lol :Ball Kick:
flak monkey

Post by flak monkey »

Ride 80 miles, in the pouring rain, on a new rear tyre. 8O :lol:

Now I am going to hose the bike down :roll:
Not what you think...
playerone

Post by playerone »

Hobbled downstairs, looked at it, shook my head and hobbled back upstairs :cry:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I thrashed mine round Brands Hatch short circuit.
1:02, so something to aim at next time.

And it didn't use any oil, so I've cured the oil leak on the revamped oil cooler, apparently.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i tried my ped on 97 fuel and blew it up lol!

well, melted the belt & fan, ground the splines off the end of the crank & fkt the pulley & starter gear. :roll:
that gear should be splined btw - and not blue.

it was going extremely well until then. :Ball Kick:

never mind. ive got a spare engine. just glad i was only 2 mile away and not 500!
lloydie

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

Today I fitted my 2nd rear tyre this year let's see how long this one lasts as the power one only lasted 3000 miles lol

Sent from lloyds iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
Lawless247

Post by Lawless247 »

Picked it up from the garage. 2 new tyres fitted and then i scrubbed them in good. :D
I hate Indian Givers! No..wait I take that back.
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Fitted new chain and sprockets (1down/1up) wheelie crazy now. Fitted blade indicatoors all round and dug a patch out in the grass to fit a 2'x2' to get the paddock stand on.
alec

Post by alec »

just serviced it new filters oil and plugs runs a lot better with honey coloured oil in instead of black tar :oops:
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image