hello from damp tayside

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
grumpyfrog

hello from damp tayside

Post by grumpyfrog »

Thought it was about time I stopped nicking all your good ideas and said "hello".
Had the vtr for last 5 years after too many aches on ZXR- and still get the thrill everytime I get out.. previous single owner (poor sod had to sell it to build a granny flat for the mother-in law) did all the usual stuff- but I've no done the CCT's yet (not got the confidance to do it myself and too many 4 cylinder wrench monkeys around saying "don't bother"!!!)

So now I've said "hi"- hope can try catch up with some of those who venture around this way (I only go as far south as Leeds before I get a nose bleed).

Stu
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
alec

Re: hello from damp tayside

Post by alec »

hi and welcome m8, sounds like you've been a guest longer than some have been members so no point telling you the usual eh,
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

alec wrote:hi and welcome m8, sounds like you've been a guest longer than some have been members so no point telling you the usual eh,
What he said. :wave:
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
marksmiffy

Post by marksmiffy »

Welcome Grumpy....If ya need help doing ya cct's loads of info on ere and also Bennyhedges is the expert at the other end of the phone :D lol
:beer:
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Cheers chaps- Think I have the basic process correct in my mind, but playing around with something that can end up in a big mess sometimes makes me shiver.. Will see if I can get in touch with someone up here who has done it and bite the bullet before the inevetable happens. Might even make an excuse to travel further if required- the sis-in-law stays in Dumfries and bro stays in Chorley(better not mention him as he has turned to the darkside- SP1 to a GS- used the excuse of staying in Germany for a period made him do it to fit in with the locals. Still, he kept to the 2 cylinders)..
Met up with him and a few others for a weekend around Keswick- Much fun had, but too much plod around at the best spots.
Don't hassle me
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the site, better late than never.

As for the CCT's that is better do it now!
if in doubt fit the CCT stopper mod, then you dont have to worry about setting the tension or any of that fancy stuff........it is not difficult, and as long as you follow the guide to get TDC, and dont move teh engine when they are out no harm can happen.

I spend a bit of time up near Dumfries, as I was born in Corsock [not even a 1 horse town], and the Mrs is from Kirkcudbright. so if we go up in the summer, she takes the kids in teh car, and I take the bike and go the long way!

I love the roads up there, they are etched on my mind from 16 onwards.........when I go home I dont phone people to see if they are in, I just ride the 30 miles to see and if they are there that is a bonus :)
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hi!

Your choice as to whether to do CCT's, but if you've been watching this long you'll have already made your mind up.
I can offer a head rebuilding service, though, for when you need it.
:thumbup:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Stu :thumbup:

I wonder how many others there are who've not got around to actually joining the site yet :?: :)

Chris.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Sorry for looking ignorant and not keeping up to date, but for my sins work have got me up near Oban for the next 8 weeks, where even phones are a novelty. Was thinking of bringing the bike over to blast around in the evenings, but sure glad I did not last week due to the weather. Rain and wind every day! Jazz has dropped me a line re CCT's so will be in touch with you all soon to get a set and get them fitted. Can tell its a bank hol as all the B@Bs have gs's parked outside them... Anyone making a set just now? One good thing about working away- its amazing what little excuse you can come up with to get out at the weekend.
Don't hassle me