175mph Hoverbike - 92 mile range!

General Bike chat
Wicky

175mph Hoverbike - 92 mile range!

Post by Wicky »

I'll have mine with a VTR engine!

Airspeed Vne - 150 KIAS 175 mph (untested)
Hover (out of ground effect) - >10,000ft (estimated)
Dry weight - 110kg
Max gross weight - 270kg
Total thrust - 295kg
Engine - The hoverbike prototype's 1100cc engine is a flat twin four-stroke with one camshaft, four valves per cylinder, and a central balancer shaft. 80kw @ 7500rpm

ileage, about 21.8 miles-per-gallon, and the bike can travel 92 miles on a single tank of gas.

http://www.hover-bike.com/

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2386750,00.asp
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
cupasoop
Site Admin

Re: 175mph Hoverbike - 92 mile range!

Post by cupasoop »

Cant see it getting too far when it's tied to the ground :confused
Rich.

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cupasoop wrote:Cant see it getting too far when it's tied to the ground :confused
cant see it getting far anyway.... as soon as he untethers it, it will flip over and he will eat dirt.
back to the drawing board imo.... needs the rotors at least at centre of gravity lever, or higher.
also, some grilles over the rotors might be an idea, cos when it does flip there will be lots of minced inventor on the camera lens :lol:

looks cool, but it won't work :Beer Popcorn:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

:lol: This flying trampoline reminds me of the flying bedstead that almost killed Armstong. I can't see it taking off either way but Top Gear might like it.
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

Wow. Lots of naysayers around here today! :D It's like the speederbikes from star wars, which in my book makes it the coolest thing in the world at the minute. Hope they get it to work properly. Cos I want one. It would go well with my stormtrooper armour and our lasses bikerscout armour :)

Just to prove Im not joking, this is me and her at a convention a few years ago.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

tinysmall wrote:Wow. Lots of naysayers around here today! :D It's like the speederbikes from star wars, which in my book makes it the coolest thing in the world at the minute. Hope they get it to work properly. Cos I want one. It would go well with my stormtrooper armour and our lasses bikerscout armour :)

Just to prove Im not joking, this is me and her at a convention a few years ago.
Which one's her?

And hardly conventional, IMHO....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

tony.mon wrote:
tinysmall wrote:Wow. Lots of naysayers around here today! :D It's like the speederbikes from star wars, which in my book makes it the coolest thing in the world at the minute. Hope they get it to work properly. Cos I want one. It would go well with my stormtrooper armour and our lasses bikerscout armour :)

Which one's her?

And hardly conventional, IMHO....
Oh ha ha. It was collectormania in milton keynes. The convention is inside the centre but you cant smoke in there, hence being outside. and she's the little dumpling in the scout armour (on the left).
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
Chillitt

Post by Chillitt »

Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper? :D
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

Lmao.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Chillitt wrote: Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper? :D
Localisedshowertrooper.

Same but less intense.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.