Bikesafe course

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

storm warning

Bikesafe course

Post by storm warning »

Has anyone been on one of these bikesafe courses the police run? I am going to one at rockingham next sunday and am a little apprehensive about turning up with my ever so slightly illegal microns, are they going to nick me on the spot or do they really just want to improve my riding skills? :wink:
grinner

Post by grinner »

Haven't done the day, but thinking of it...
They won't nick you, they just won't let you do the day unless your bike is absolutely pukka!

Only know this cos I spoke to trafpol re bikesafe days.
t00lkit

Bikesafe

Post by t00lkit »

I went on the South Yorks Bifesafe course a couple of years ago.

Overall it was well worth it and I learn a couple of key things (can't learn everything in 1 day).

The day was split into 4 sessions, 2 riding and 2 theory in a classroom (bit boring this bit).

Beware, they did sneakily check every bike while we were being given our introduction talk, mostly they check tax etc.
But, I had changed my Micron back to the standard can (Fazer in those days). Bearing in mind you'll be riding with a Police rider for most of the day (and you'll be in the police compound when you set off), you take your chances!

Have a great day and don't cross any solid white lines... or jump any red lights, or look at the girlies as you ride by, or get your knee down, stick to the 30s, 40s and 50s......
T00lkit
Red F2, Scorpion Race Cans, Nuvo Airflow Screen, GSG Moko Crash Protectors, Carbon Hugger by Del, Scottoiler.
storm warning

success

Post by storm warning »

I went to the police run bikesafe course last sunday and had a great time, all my fears about my illegal exhausts were unfounded, the police really did want to make sure we had a good time and learn something, when asked about things like exhausts and number plates all they said is don't take the piss, they really are human after all and by god they can lean those bikes over!!
It was held at Rockingham motor speedway with about 80 of us from the Northants area and is well worth while. :)