Good moaning.....

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Miztaziggy

Re: Good moaning.....

Post by Miztaziggy »

Hmm...mine went on ebay too. If it is the same guy then he is really good to deal with. He paid me in full before he collected via direct bank transfer.

Cant remember his name, but his ebay user id was something like v8star
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hi sloppy
as far as cans go, i would suggest any of the more quality makes, remus,yoshi,akra
to be fair any after market exhaust will make the bike sound that much nicer and there are so many to choose from, me personaly i prefer loud (not for road use) as i'm a summer rider and only do 3k a year, plus if they hear you coming they might even look out for you.
if listerned to loads of them on youtube and by far the best imho is this one, a pair of cut down yoshimura's, but i got a feeling the bikes had some engine work done aswell.

i could listern this this one all day hahaha....

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Welcome Tony :thumbup:
At 6'1" behind a DB screen, the Storm is grand. :D
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

I've got fuel cans on mine. A good british make. Not as loud as some but still fookin loud :D The guy on here that does manuals is Tray (Rider on a Storm) and they are very good bits of kit. Think they are about 50 euros or something including registered postage from Ireland. I service mine about every four thousand miles/3 months. Keep em in fresh oil and lubes and they are a lovely bike to ride. Massive grin factor once you get used to the twin and learn how to ride it.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
geoff996

Post by geoff996 »

Hi Sloppy, welcome, only live down the m69 from you so hopefully meet up 1 day. The storm is a good all rounder just been to the TT with my 12yr old lad tent sleeping bags panniers and tank bag, and on the way home had to buy a ruck sack took it in its stride. :thumbup: :thumbup:
RIDE TO ENJOY
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

im in coventry to :D
where abouts are you ?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Tony :thumbup:

Chris.
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

SloppySeconds wrote: Ta mate. After seeing a few dyno printouts on the site I can see that it's very torquey compared to the standard Daytona 675, mine dyno'd at 110bhp and 50nm, that was with the headers de-catted/exup removed, MWR filter and custom tune on dyno. Comfort was a big thing aswell, I'm 6ft1 and felt folded up after long rides. When you say 'right cans', which are you referring to? the bikes I've seen 'in the flesh' have had standard and Art cans. Youtube is my only other source, not the best sound quality though.
Got mine on the dyno the other day. 107.3 bhp and 68.79 ft-lbs or 92.3 nm, so nearly double the torque of your old bike. Lots and lots of fun in other words :thumbup:
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
SloppySeconds

Post by SloppySeconds »

OK so the guy who was supposed to pick my Daytona up hasn't shown up in the last 2 weeks. Brilliant.......Just waiting for the EBay action to finish before I can sell it again. Ah well, he paid a £200 deposit which he has now lost :clap:

I may put up a For Sale thread on here. Either that or just a link to my EBay auction. Some bargain VTR's going around now and I'm missing out cause of this penarse :evil:
For those who have had to fight for it, life has a flavour the sheltered shall never taste.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Dont you just hate time wasters :thumbdown:

hope you get it sold soon.
AMcQ
SloppySeconds

Post by SloppySeconds »

Okay, so the guy from ebay has had his ebay account deleted as he has been found to be using the site fraudulently :roll: Just my luck!

She is now for sale again. Proceeds go towards my VTR.
For those who have had to fight for it, life has a flavour the sheltered shall never taste.
Chillitt

Post by Chillitt »

I have a lovely yellow firestorm here, 2001, 20 something thousand miles, It is yellow with one of the fairing panels in the slightly darker yellow (Thats what happens when mates offer to spray a panel.. :roll: ) Best of All I'm 10 miles down the A46 from you.. Let me know if it of any interest. :D
Edit. Welcome along!