Re: Carole Nash Insurance

Best deals in town
blacknek

Post by blacknek »

i was with carol nash when i had a CBR600 few yrs back, i had a tw@ did a u turn in front of me..i came off, but carol nash did anything , i was fully comp tho...i had 6 weeks off, bust wrist, and sued the guy 10 k lol hehe
motorboat

Post by motorboat »

CN has never been cheap for me. Seems a winner with the older market like but even at 27, 2yr no claims and 3 points she is still £200+ more than anywhere else ive gotten a quote :(
Pop, pop, bang, bang!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

steveb wrote:
Ebike was good.
i do both mine monthly with ebike, costs about a tenner a year more to pay in installments but it's only 11.80 a mth so i don't mind.
thats for the vtr and cbx750, fire & theft.
bonus is, i get a year's no claims for every 8mth continuous insurance.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
ubermod

Post by ubermod »

If I could offer some feedback on eBike here as its come up a few times.

I had used them for about 4 years. When I last insured with them I realised I'd overstated my No Claims by a year so rang up to correct it.

Nope, everything is done via the web, no call centre service AT ALL. Yes I appreciate this keeps their costs down but as it happened I needed to make the correction before going away and I was stuck in a loop of waiting for the policy to be updated. I don't remember the exact details but for some reason it needed to be approved at their end.

Anyway, that wasn't a major problem compared to what happened next.

Unfrtunately my Vespa was stolen from the garage. I contacted eBike and they passed me straight over to a tiny two man band claims handler down south somewhere who were just as reticent to answer the phone as eBike were.

Various letters were sent back and forth and they eventually settled with a figure I still wasn't happy with. For example they deducted £100 (on a £1000 claim) because my MOT had expired. Probably standard practice but still pissed me off.

I was then handed over to a differnt company, based in Newcastle who were making the actual payment. I sent my documents in and they sent my cheque to the wrong address. Twice. This went backwards and forwards for about 10 weeks till eventualy I got the cheque. This third comany were really really bad at answering the phone. And quite rude on one occasion.

To make matters even worse, and I conceed this is my fault, when I sent the documents in I didn't send the V5 slip to the DVLA, I assumed they would. And they didn't tell me I needed to do this. They clearly had my documents with the slip attached. Eventually I was hit with an £80 fine from the DVLA as the reminders had gone to my old address. (we moved one week before it was stolen).

Personally I'd avoid them like a shitty stick now, they are great at offering you a cheap quote but it's a completely different story if you need to make a claim.

On a brighter note, I used GoCompare and they threw up MCE with a quote at least £150 cheaper than the next nearest. That was arranged over the internet, and aside from a "courtesy" call trying to flog me add ons (personal accident) it was more or less fine. The fact they have UK call centres for handling claims gives me more peace of mind than eBike did.

One tip, MCE said if I printed my documents myself the Post Office would accept them, they didn't. Ask for them to be sent through the post. Or Tax it online via the DVLA.

Somebody will probably come in and say MCE should be avoided as well, but hey ho.

Cheers
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

looked at mce but the excess was high at 300.
mototcycledirect.co.uk do the same poilcy for the same price but it included breakdown cover, ride other bikes, overseas use etc... excess is only 150

cheapest i got just was 68 tpft and 121 fc.#

as expected they rang me within a minute - still on fone atm lol!
might change mine from ebike tbh as the quotes ive just got are a lot better...
all wit equity red star.

regarding MCE's courtesy calls.... http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01933356066
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
seantopbloke

Post by seantopbloke »

MCE are quoting £130 including £0 voluntary excess, legal cover & breakdown cover with rac, i have also listed 5 mods on my bike with them, god knows how much a standard bike would cost to insure, about £10 probably. :thumbup:
Its the sound of thunder at the back end that makes me smile at the front end !
seantopbloke

Post by seantopbloke »

Went with Carole Nash, cost me £127 tpft, The police gave me 3 pts for exceptional riding in 2009 :thumbup: & i listed a max of 5 mods. The only real difference is the fact that during june they were including excess insurance for free, & you get breakdown cover with the AA as standard, done deal & paid in one go, i think that is the cheapest i have had for years ?

With no bad/good stuff on my licence or bike the policy was around £30 cheaper ! 8O
Its the sound of thunder at the back end that makes me smile at the front end !