Damage update

General Bike chat
balls

Damage update

Post by balls »

All the forms have now been sent off and bike is going for a repair quote on Monday ,after that its going to b a long wait till it gets sorted out .
Have to decide what I want to do with the storm then continue to use it every day for work and get myself a new toy for the week ends or rebuild the storm and get a runaround for work.
would love a RSV1000 :thumbup:
balls

Re: Damage update

Post by balls »

Had a phone call from my insurance company asking me to forward the repair estimate to them and today MCE,s solicitors have asked me to give them a call , not sure what to make of that but fingers crossed will have to call them tomorrow . hopefully then they wont write the bike off but if you add the cost of parts up including labor and VAT I recon there will be not much left out of a grand. the bike has been valued at 1800 retail :(
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

lots of binnages lately 8O
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
balls

Post by balls »

yes after riding the bike all through the winter snow ice etc to have a Richard reverse into it relay pissed me off :Ball Kick:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

good luck mate, but i reckon they will right it off, but thats not the end off the world, worst way it'll be a cat c, which ain't a major problem.
mce are handling my claim, they got a firm called fletchers to represent me in my case, and if i'm honest i'm not to happy with them, they seem lovely but they just aren't getting the job done, and they don't stay in touch much either, theres nothing worse than not knowing whats happening.
hopefully you get a different solicitor mate...
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
balls

Post by balls »

Iv got fletchers too :roll:
CB_Phil

Post by CB_Phil »

Best of luck man, my CB was considered an economical right off, but they offered me a price & they take the bike or a lesser payment & I get to keep her
Maybe I Don't Like Your Bike Either!
balls

Post by balls »

that would be OK for me as its rid-able and i am using it at the moment but it has front and rear fairing damage and the tank as well, plus forks are twisted a bit , needs a new side stand new indicators its mostly cosmetic but that plastic don't come cheep :sad2
CB_Phil

Post by CB_Phil »

balls wrote:that would be OK for me as its rid-able and i am using it at the moment but it has front and rear fairing damage and the tank as well, plus forks are twisted a bit , needs a new side stand new indicators its mostly cosmetic but that plastic don't come cheep :sad2
Fighter her :twisted: Should be able to pic up some plastics cheap on fleabay. Theres a breakers over here breaking a Storm, check out http://ptsusedbikeparts.com/
Maybe I Don't Like Your Bike Either!
balls

Post by balls »

I like the idea of a street fighter but IMHO I don't think the storm lends it self to well to being fightered. I have seen a few nice ish ones but i always feel the rads and headlight area look a bit odd to me .Had a word with the solicitors today they just wanted a copy of the repair estimate witch i get on Saturday , riding it today was great just love that engine :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

my solicitor at fletchers is called andrew clark, nice guy but he ain't been intouch for a few months now, the problem is fletchers are a very big firm and each solicitor has a big work load and claims can get buried in amongst lots of others.........goodluck buddy
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
balls

Post by balls »

I am under no illusion that this could drag on for a long time but at least the bike is mobile so i can continue to use it for work so that's a big pressure off me . Have been looking for a new toy anyway as the storm has taken a battering over the last 12 months and after this i don't feel quite the same about the poor thing .
So maybe another Storm , RSV 1000 , Supermoto will take pride of place in the garage for that fine weather blast :thumbup:
balls

Post by balls »

Went for the inspection today its not official yet but all things pointing to Cat C write off :eek2
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

My insurance company were gonna write mine off but when they found out I wanted to keep it they offered me cash in lieu. after a bit of haggling Im getting £1350 to fix it myself and it won't be recorded as a write off. Bonus :thumbup: It will probably take em ages to pay out though and god knows how long it will be till liability is settled :?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
balls

Post by balls »

Yep I'm not holding my breath as it sure is going to take a while :?