Uneconomic to repair

General Bike chat
balls

Uneconomic to repair

Post by balls »

Had the report on the bike yesterday cat c write off have already informed the insurance that i want to have the salvage so its a case of watch this space , i don't relay have the time to rebuild it so it might get broken :(
benny hedges

Re: Uneconomic to repair

Post by benny hedges »

pics????

you'd be surprised what spares people have so might be worth posting up some pics and what's broken...
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Miztaziggy

Uneconomic to repair

Post by Miztaziggy »

What's the damage to it?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

to be fair cat c don't mean a thing other than its not worth the insurance company putting it back on the road, it might be cheap as chips for you to get your hands dirty buddy...........
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
balls

Post by balls »

Apart from the twisted forks its mostly cosmetic and i am riding it at the moment so yes its a easy repair .Its more a time thing , i would love to do it up as it wont take a lot but my life at the moment is work go to bed and that's it so rebuilding the bike would be time i don't have i will get some one to un twist the forks the rest i can live with for the moment .
if i get a good deal from the insurance then i will get something else for a Sunday blast
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

balls wrote:twisted forks
= bottom yoke. about £15 off ebay.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Yeah twisted forks is easy to fix, will take you about 1-2 hours depending on how long it takes you to find a suitable way of keeping the front of the bike off the ground.

Cosmetic damage can be repaired by a good painter apparently. Mine have gone off for doing, and im due to get them back tomorrow/Weds so ill post pics and let you know how good/bad it looks.

If you still dont want to fix it up, are you breaking for bits or selling as a whole, and how bad is the cosmetic damage?
balls

Post by balls »

Yes it would be interesting so see ur paint job I expect i will keep it As i use it for work every day
mark r

Post by mark r »

Miztaziggy wrote:Yeah twisted forks is easy to fix, will take you about 1-2 hours depending on how long it takes you to find a suitable way of keeping the front of the bike off the ground.

Cosmetic damage can be repaired by a good painter apparently. Mine have gone off for doing, and im due to get them back tomorrow/Weds so ill post pics and let you know how good/bad it looks.

If you still dont want to fix it up, are you breaking for bits or selling as a whole, and how bad is the cosmetic damage?

i just welded a frame together from scaffold so i can lift the whole bike in the air, it may be ugly but it works :o
CB_Phil

Post by CB_Phil »

My CB is the same man. Bent frame, dented tank, smashed clocks ect & Ill be puttin her back on the road (bought her back from insurance company). I bought another bike as a donor. If you can get a cheap one, itd be the way to go 7 brake for parts to recoup some of the costs.

Best of luck w/her
Maybe I Don't Like Your Bike Either!
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

mark r wrote:
Miztaziggy wrote:Yeah twisted forks is easy to fix, will take you about 1-2 hours depending on how long it takes you to find a suitable way of keeping the front of the bike off the ground.

i just welded a frame together from scaffold so i can lift the whole bike in the air, it may be ugly but it works :o
Nice...I just tied a rope over the joists in my garage roof then hang the front from a ratchet strap, connected at one end to the bike and the other to the rope.
balls

Post by balls »

bit of a update had a chat today with the other party,s insurance company,
there are sending a assessor to have a look at the bike for a valuation .
Looks like the other party has not contested anything so he was saying that as soon as they get the report they will make a payment and they have no problem with me keeping the salvage.
So fingers crossed something might happen ,Next problem is what to do with the storm ,
i have to have a bike for work so i have been using the storm for that for around a year doing about 1000miles a month this has taken its toll on the bike a bit but overall its still in good nick. would love to do it up but realistically i have very little time and energy to do that unless i got some one to do it for me . Would love to have a millie or another vtr tls
etc. So do i continue use the storm for work and have something new for a sunny day or do the storm up nice and get a hack for work . :confused
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

all depends on how much they pay you out, you could always break your storm for spares, you can earn good money doing that and it can go towards funding another bike, or your best bet is to repair the storm as cheaply as possible and use it a day to day transport and a winter hack, save some money over winter and treat yourself to something special before the prices go up next spring.........
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
balls

Post by balls »

Ok got the assessor coming to give me a valuation of the bike for my pay out is there any point giving it a wash and polish or do they just go on year and mileage :confused
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Just rinse the blood off, they appreciate a little touch like that.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.