Back on a twin

General Biker Banter
Zakalwe

Back on a twin

Post by Zakalwe »

Not been on here for ages.....loads of shite's been going on in my life (my Dad was in hospital a couple of times and has been diagnosed with prostrate cancer, work's been mental, etc etc etc).

Anyhoo, the gearbox on my Fireblade exploded when travelling at a rate of knots, chucking cogs through the casings and dumping oil all over the back tyre. Luckily it happened on a straight and I just about held it from over 100mph to a stop. Left a skidmark about 1/2 mile on the road, and a slightly larger one in my kecks 8O 8O I ended up getting an engine from a breaker, swapping it over one weekend, and amazingly, nothing fell off, snagged or otherwise dropped off and catapulted me into the path of a truck :thumbup:

Anyway, it's been traded in for this:
1800 miles on a '09 plate, so it's back to V-twin booming :biggrin (or it will be once I source some decent end cans)
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
benny hedges

Re: Back on a twin

Post by benny hedges »

ouch on the blade and ooooooh on the ape :D
i like them a lot :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Scary ending on the blade, that could have been solo much worse in the bends!

The aprillia looks good in those colours and only just run in :thumbup:

Hope your dad comes through the chemotherapy and the rest of the treatment and that there is a good outcome there
AMcQ
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

If I had any luck, it was that it blew on a straight. I was on the A6 at Shap at the time, and that's a fast road. Some of the corners can be taken at over 110, so if it happened there then I would still be bouncing. Shook me up for a bit actually, just thinking about it.
chi kung

Post by chi kung »

Aha so that's why you suggested I get a tuono on the "other" forum.

Looks nice keep us updated on the verdict.
simo

Post by simo »

Welcome back Zakalwe,Hope things are a bit better in your life.Nice bike :biggrin
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
darkember

Post by darkember »

welcome :thumbup:
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

chi kung wrote:Aha so that's why you suggested I get a tuono on the "other" forum.

Looks nice keep us updated on the verdict.

Hello mate.....didn't know you lurked here as well :wave:

I used to have a 'Storm ages ago (then the SP1 before the blade). Feels nice to be back on a Twin :thumbup: :thumbup:

The Tuono is a hoot..... nowhere near as powerful as an IL4 (the blade had 160 at the back wheel, and the handling to boot), but is turning into a proper scream....diving into B road corners and booming out of them with the front tyre skimming the tarmac. It brings fun down to slightly more sensible speeds, TBH (the 'blade didn't really make sense until over 100)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome back Steve, glad to see you've seen sense and gone back to a V twin :wink: :lol:

Seriously though, that was one hell of a lucky escape you had there I'd say with what happened to the Fireblade. Not the sort of thing you expect to ever happen or something I've ever heard from a Honda before.

Enjoy the new beast, it looks a very tasty bike :thumbup:

Chris.
lloydie

Back on a twin

Post by lloydie »

I remember when I was 17 and on my rd125lc it was running on 70/30 mix of petrol and glow fuel :) it made it do 130mph sadly going down the a423 at worp speed on a125 the piston blow a large hole in it self
And the engine seized the back wheel locked up as did my butt cheeks lol I to was on a straight
Thankfully I came to a holt got of the bike called the AA and had a spliff
Good times when your in your teens :)

---
- Can't ride but it don't stop me trying