Help,My storm won't start!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Leachy

Help,My storm won't start!

Post by Leachy »

easiest way to explain is, everything has been checked from the stators to the starter motor,battery's full and only 2 month old, now the starter turns over under every button press and i suspect the live feed wire to the starter motor getting hot (almost burning the insulation off!!) is just over use. every now and then the engine will turn over and attempt the start (it will start sometimes!) so i suspect it's the starter clutch, so can i get new springs for the starter clutch? or do i have to get the whole starter clutch assembly? i could get a replacement from e-blag but i don't want the same problem again in 6 months, so i would like any advice on replacing the offending parts, tried dave silvers, he doesn't do anything for the starter clutch.
Absolutely Sodding Bloody typical!!!
Leachy

Re: Help,My storm won't start!

Post by Leachy »

Sorry, if i'd have read the Workshop Knowledge Base first, :lol: i came on ranting and not reading, i now know what the repair is, ahhh well out with the spanners :thumbup:
Absolutely Sodding Bloody typical!!!
tony.mon

Re: Help,My storm won't start!

Post by tony.mon »

It's the big lead, and connection with starter motor.
Check it by pairing up a big bit of cooker 30 amp lead and see if it turns over better.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.