The European Ombudsman..Watchdog..it effects all European ri

General Biker Banter
darkember

The European Ombudsman..Watchdog..it effects all European ri

Post by darkember »

MAG member Jon Strong has had success in his highly detailed challenge to some of the EU Commission's most lazy assertions about what's good for you and me as riders.

Now we can do something very simple that will help Jon press his case and shine a spotlight on the Commission's attempts to steam-roller further restrictions on bike design, modification and use.

The European Ombudsman ( responsible for checking whether the EU is playing the game fairly ) recently found that the European Commission unjustifiably refused to answer Jon's queries or to supply official documents relating to a range of issues that will have a big impact on biking, eg; the changes to EU Type Approval, the potential for a Europe -wide super MOT test and development of safety technologies that could threaten biking as we know it. Jon has also asked to be shown the evidence in favour of EU proposals for random/ regular roadside inspections of motorcycles and for the Commission to show whether it has properly considered the liberty issues.

ACTION
All that is needed to show the authorities that there is genuine public concern about this, is for enough people reading this or hearing about it via us guys to contact the Ombudsman asking for copies of Jon's original complaint and the supporting documents. That will make sure the complaint wont get buried.

GO HERE ; Ombudsman.europa.eu/shortcuts/contacts.faces

QUOTE Ref ; 0875/2011/jf
in your request, just asking for it will send the right message.

The reason we need to do this are that the Ombudsman isn't totally convinced or supportive of Jon's efforts in trying to hold the Commission to account, he just needs some support from more members of the public i.e US!!

So please carry out the simple email, re-post onto other forums you may be members on, this is the nitty gritty behind the scenes stuff that we dont see much of, the real campaigning by the likes of MAG etc, intelligent gentlemen who also happen to be bikers, taking the fight to the EU and picking loop holes with their oppresive ways.
This is a copy of the e-mail i sent to the commission.
Hello,

Can you please send me a copy of Mr Jon Strong's original complaint with all associated documentation, Ref 0875/2011/jf regarding the European Commission's proposals for the use of motorcycles.

Regards

Wil
BigVeeGrin

Re: The European Ombudsman..Watchdog..it effects all Europea

Post by BigVeeGrin »

doing - and will be out tomorrow for the 20 min ride
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Email sent and will also be out for the ride tomorrow. :thumbup:
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

Done.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
elric

Post by elric »

Mine's sent.

Could not make the rides though :(
It's only easy if you know the answer!
budd

Post by budd »

email sent :thumbup:
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
vtryorks

Post by vtryorks »

done.
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

done too :thumbup:
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Done and I made the M27 eastbound ride on Sunday.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
elric

Post by elric »

Got my reply today with links to the various documents.
It's only easy if you know the answer!
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Got mine the other day. The PDF complaint is HUGE, taking a staggering 270 pages or something silly like that. Lots of the end part of it is facts and figures and research but the written part is very informative and sometimes funny, You have to get your head around all the expected legal twaddle that goes into these things. ie: "I draw your attention to section blah of yadda: twaddle twaddle twaddle" but his arguments are sound and well worth a read.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!