Ride Magazine

General Bike chat
Iwantafirestorm

Re: a bit of sweets

Post by Iwantafirestorm »

bluesman wrote:Well, my fellow Stormers
Does that not include me then? :cry:

Couple of points to note from those reviews:

1) Isn't it funny how some reports say it's best to keep the 'Storm above 7000rpm and some (like the 3rd review) say it's happiest below 7000rpm! I agree with the latter.

2) I disagree with the 1st review's comments that the bike is fairly uncomfortable + focused riding position. I think it is quite a decent position.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

IwannaStorm said
Does that not include me then?
:D Not yet :D
Big difference between "IwannaStorm" & "Igottastorm"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Iwantafirestorm

Pete.L wrote:IwannaStorm said
Does that not include me then?
:D Not yet :D
Big difference between "IwannaStorm" & "Igottastorm"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
In that case, I'm gonna be considered a traitor after today, because I test rode a Triumph Sprint ST :D , as I was thinking "maybe one of these instead of a 'Storm?"

Gotta say, absolutely cracking engine (scary! 8O :twisted: ), So smooth and very torquey (smoother and torquier than a 'Storm - que the abuse! :twisted: ) but felt a bit heavy(ish) and big(ish) compared to the'Storm. So 'Storm is still number 1 on my "bike" shopping list
Iwantafirestorm

Don't worry - the 'Storm is still #1. The dealer has a new one in the showroom I was looking at after my Triumph test ride. It's the deep glossy blue one that I want. Brand new for £5850 which is the cheapest I've seen one. Plus, the dealer is really good and deserves the custom (which I always think is very important when spending that kind of money - you don't want to spend your money at a dealer that's a) cheap but crap, b) cheap & good but has useless mechanics, or c) good dealer with good mechanics but expensive prices). This dealer is best of all worlds!

Aarrgghh!! Wish I had some money :evil:

PS: Que the abuse - last time I mentioned a blue 'Storm, I got loads of comments. I think I'm the only one that thinks they look great.
Iwantafirestorm

VTR1000KAZ wrote:with the sh1t job thats been done on my fairing :cry:
Oh no... this sounds horrible. After waiting 3 weeks, what's happened to it? You was looking forward to getting it back. Don't say they've given it back to you messed up?
Druid

Post by Druid »

Iwantafirestorm wrote: It's the deep glossy blue one that I want. Brand new for £5850 which is the cheapest I've seen one. Plus, the dealer is really good and deserves the custom (which I always think is very important when spending that kind of money - you don't want to spend your money at a dealer that's a) cheap but crap, b) cheap & good but has useless mechanics, or c) good dealer with good mechanics but expensive prices). This dealer is best of all worlds!
Which dealer is it?
Iwantafirestorm wrote: last time I mentioned a blue 'Storm, I got loads of comments. I think I'm the only one that thinks they look great.
I bought mine in March. The dealer had 2 blue ones and a yellow one, I told them I would only buy a yellow one. They're much quicker than the blue ones, you know. And they have better fuel consumption

;)
Iwantafirestorm

Wylie and Holland in Telford. (If you are gonna buy one from there or tell someone who's after one, I ought to get some commission from them shouldn't I? :lol: )

PS: How do you get two "quotes" on the same post? 8O
Iwantafirestorm

:evil:

That would've been £200 towards your nice new one next year. That's the trouble with a bike (or even car), once you have to have something done to it, you never know whether it will be the same (or as good) again.
Druid

Post by Druid »

Iwantafirestorm wrote:Wylie and Holland in Telford. (If you are gonna buy one from there or tell someone who's after one, I ought to get some commission from them shouldn't I? :lol: )
Just curious. You live near me, I just wondered where you've been looking. Mine is only 6 months old, so I'm not about to change it yet.
Iwantafirestorm wrote: PS: How do you get two "quotes" on the same post? 8O
Magic :)
Iwantafirestorm

Druid wrote:You live near me
In Staffordshire? I thought with the Welsh dragon as your pic, you lived in Wales!
Druid

Post by Druid »

I live in Wolverhampton. Bought the bike from Streetbike in Halesowen. No idea what their after sales is like, I do my own servicing.

I've just filled in my profile, should have done it before. Now everyone knows where I am.
Iwantafirestorm

Druid wrote:Bought the bike from Streetbike in Halesowen. No idea what their after sales is like, I do my own servicing.
Streetbike eh? What a coincidence - guess where I was today? That's right - Streetbike! (Great selection of bikes) Gotta say - the SV650 impressed me a lot (que the abuse! :twisted: ). Very light and great riding position, but no wind protection.

They had no 'Storms though, but I did call in at Sutton Motorcycles on the way back and they've got 3. The new red one they've got looks awesome!

Roll on getting some money :P

PS: In exile? :?:
Druid

Post by Druid »

Iwantafirestorm wrote:
PS: In exile? :?:
Born and brought up in Wales - hence the dragon. Moved away to somewhere where there's work. When I can stop working, I'll go back home :)
Iwantafirestorm

Iwantafirestorm wrote:I thought with the Welsh dragon as your pic, you lived in Wales!
That was a comment I made a while ago.

I was close then (I knew that dragon had some significance!)