What Tyres are you on ????

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Diabolus

What Tyres are you on ????

Post by Diabolus »

What tyres does everyone recomend, during my peakdistrict rideout yester day I had a few moments on the ride both tyres stepped out on the run down the cat and I wasnt pushing it that much and the rear stepped out on another bend later in the day. bt020 (on when I bought it) are fitted at the moment but I've been looking at
MICHELIN PILOT POWER for £158 a pair, bear in mind I havent a large budget for these tyres.

Or is it mechanical grip thats causing an issue????? Bikes set quite soft at mo but when I hit some bumps yesterday felt like a firm ride???

Dont want to be posting my bike in the spares section after bining it so soon after getting it!

Apart from thoese moments the bike was perfect for the peakdistrict ride, lovin the storm !!! :D :D :D
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
Chillitt

Re: What Tyres are you on ????

Post by Chillitt »

I've just put a pair of Conti Motions on for 120 quid for both..
I wouldn't fancy doing a track day on them but for my 100 mile a day commute, they are the business.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I have run Mich Pilot Road 2ct for the last 2 yrs.......one front & 2 rears.

Although sport tour tyres they have never stepped out and that includes the roads you just did in Derbyshire in both wet [very wet!] and dry. I really rate them in the wet :thumbup:

Only concern I had is they never get sticky and ball up at the edges no matter how hard I push them.....never had a trye that didnt do that before!
So I have just put a front Mich pilot power 2ct in the front, but onlt 100 miles so cant comment yet
AMcQ
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

I've got some black Pirelli ones on

Not fallen off yet :thumbup:
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Bridgestone BT021- need an all round tyre due to commute (although it's only 10 miles so a fast blat!) so need some good wear, and tbh not sure i'd find the limits of most anyway. Think they've been replaced by 023s now. Got a mystery tyre coming attached to a wheel from BigSpanishMarty - high anticipation :D
Opel

Post by Opel »

Maxxis Diamond 8O

They replaced Pilot Sports and I recon the Maxxis are far better in both the grip and wear department. This is all subjective I know, but I can't imagine replacing them with anything else... when ever that may be. The best kept secret in rubber and cheap... and that's why I tried them. 8)
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

I`m running Maxxis Supermax Sports back and front on the Storm and also a set on the GSXR. IMHO a superb tyre that has never given me any cause for concern. Stick like sh*t to a blanket in the dry (although must admit I haven`t pushed them in the wet)

I think the reason a lot of people pass on them is the fact they are not a "big name" brand like Pirelli, Dunlop etc. Do yourself a favour and try them. I paid £145 the pair on the Gixxer and picked up a front for the Storm for £80 fitted and balanced.

Regards

Tim
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

Pirelli angel ST's. Prefer em over the 023's by a country mile.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

Opel wrote:Maxxis Diamond 8O

They replaced Pilot Sports and I recon the Maxxis are far better in both the grip and wear department. This is all subjective I know, but I can't imagine replacing them with anything else... when ever that may be. The best kept secret in rubber and cheap... and that's why I tried them. 8)
I've had a good look at these I like the inovative dimond pattern at the edge, I do push right to the edge of my tyres dragging a knee here or there, will they hold ???
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Diabolus wrote:
Opel wrote:Maxxis Diamond 8O

I've had a good look at these I like the inovative dimond pattern at the edge, I do push right to the edge of my tyres dragging a knee here or there, will they hold ???
my mates got a pair on his zx10r and he's a bloody fast rider, knee down all the time, and he says they are excellent......... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

They reckon the diamond cut helps to produce a bigger footprint as the pattern squishes, also putting more heat into the tyre. It has been noted that you can feel the tyre "moving" a little as the diamonds compress but once used to it shouldn`t be a problem. It was this last point that made me opt for the Supermax sports. I like to know what the front end is doing :wink:
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

I'm on my second set of the BT023s. They get my recommendation for all round use :thumbup:

One of the pricier sports touring tyres though.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

I have Pirelli Diablo on both ends, not fallen off yet
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

currently riding k2 racetecs on the storm & sp but the sp will be on power ones at weekend :twisted:
i used the maxxis last year and theyre ok until they square off a bit then you wil get horrendous wheelspin & stepping out....
re the diamond patern - it's not very deep. if you spend a lot of time leant over i cant see the tread lasting long?

all i buy now is good race scrubs.
theyre costing me beteen 60 & 70 a pair, havent had a bad set yet.
supercorsas i got 5700 miles, racetecs ive had 5k & the one on atm has done nearly 6 but is ready for changing.
dunno how long the racetec on the sp has been on but the lad i bought the bike off went to switzerland, italy, nurburgring twice and did a track day at donny, plus ive put another 3 on them.
this is what the rear looks like now tho 8O
safe to say ive had my £ worth out of that lol! :Beer Popcorn:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Chillitt

Post by Chillitt »

Chillitt wrote:I've just put a pair of Conti Motions on for 120 quid for both..
I wouldn't fancy doing a track day on them but for my 100 mile a day commute, they are the business.
I say that, I was sliding all over the place this morning, and not in a good way...