Hi from Rod from Guildford

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Rod66

Re: Hi from Rod from Guildford

Post by Rod66 »

Hi it has done 23587 miles,and it is BLUE, and this it what else was said in the advert :-

If your not a fan of the exhaust note it also comes with the originals which have done next to no mileage.. The cans that are on it at the moment are a "1 of a kind" prototype from ART racing, there isn't another set the same.. The bike also has a k+n panel filter and a dynojet stage 1 jetting kit...

It has the best datatool alarm with two fobs (1 of them brand new) and two keys.. The bike is also data-tagged so if it was pinched they won't get far! also makes a drastic difference to insurance costs!

I have service history stamps at: 628 miles, 4449 miles, 9026 miles, 12869 miles and 20379 miles and obviously a service by my mechanic no more than 200 miles ago!.

Tyres are bridgestone battleax and have plenty of life, everything on this bike works as it should...

Generally it is in good condition but with it being 11 years old it has the odd mark on it...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hi mate it sounds ok
condition is more important than mileage as far as these bike are concerned. you could check to see if the k&n filter has been cleaned recently. depending on what you paid for it, it seems to be a decent bike.
i like this one,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-HONDA-VT ... 1e67e3f635
i don't know what it will sell for but if it goes for between £1750 and £2000 someone will have bought a nice bike.
don't forget to post some pics of your bike when you get it fella......... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Rod66

Post by Rod66 »

I have tried looking at that link but it says its no longer available,
just cant wait to get it next Thursday, I have got a 265 mile ride home so 3 pit stops for fuel for me then
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

it could be worse...if i made that trip i'd have to stop 5 times 8O ,you should get 100+ miles before filling up if you ride conservative tho...not easy on these bike i can tell you
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
elric

Post by elric »

Welcome Rod,
I'm the other side of you, just inside the M25 but I ride down to Horsham each day for work.

So Today is the day?
enjoy :thumbup:
It's only easy if you know the answer!
Rod66

Post by Rod66 »

No I can't pick it up untill next Thursday (3/11/11) I'm away till Sunday and working Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday so collect Thursday
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

YETI wrote:hi rod
and a big surrey welcome from me :D ( Dunsfold )
great move joining in on here , some very wise heads on board

regards
YETI..

and dont listen to them about the fastest colour .. its red .... or blue :plainsmile
and marty if your down this way give me a shout :beer:
oops turns out my friends live in hampshire, just north of basingstoke. you think my geography would be better considering i'm a cab driver.....doh!!!!!
next spring when i'm out riding again, i will look forward to meeting up with some of the forum members and that includes you yeti my man..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

bigspanishmarty wrote:
you think my geography would be better considering i'm a cab driver.....doh!!!!!
next spring when i'm out riding again, i will look forward to meeting up with some of the forum members and that includes you yeti my man..... :thumbup:
Sarf of the river? You sure?
:lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

Hi Rod and welcome :) When you've picked it up, give me a shout if you fancy a ride out. I live just up the road in Kingston and I often pass Guilford on my rides out.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
Rod66

Post by Rod66 »

sounds good to me Tinysmall, always up for a good ride out
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tony.mon wrote:
bigspanishmarty wrote:
you think my geography would be better considering i'm a cab driver.....doh!!!!!
Sarf of the river? You sure?
:lol:

i don't do sarf of the river mate....... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
stormingjoe

Hi from Rod from Guildford

Post by stormingjoe »

bigspanishmarty wrote:
YETI wrote:hi rod
and a big surrey welcome from me :D ( Dunsfold )
great move joining in on here , some very wise heads on board

regards
YETI..

and dont listen to them about the fastest colour .. its red .... or blue :plainsmile
and marty if your down this way give me a shout :beer:
oops turns out my friends live in hampshire, just north of basingstoke. you think my geography would be better considering i'm a cab driver.....doh!!!!!
don't worry, I'm in Basingrad and its right next to Surrey. ;0)

Podgey on a bike :)
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
Rod66

Post by Rod66 »

Hi all I have now picked up the VTR and was wondering how to put a pic on here?
Regards
Rod :confused
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Board index > Misc > Computer questions > how to put pictures in your posts

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 10&t=11049
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts