NSP powder coating, Gravesend

Best deals in town
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 had his wheels pc'd there, and the finish wasn't very good, and took weeks.

I also had the same problems using NSP coatings, shame really as I got a four-hour turnaround on a braced swing arm (PC'd for £40, which I thought was reasonable), but both times I've used them there were imperfections in the finish, and it was blamed on "impurites".

Maybe they should gritblast them more effectively, but they don't seem to have learnt how to do that properly yet.
I'll be using someone else next time.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Re: NSP powder coating, Gravesend

Post by MacV2 »

4 hour turn around!

Two bloody weeks for the wheels. I think that with this lot they are more interested in the bigger jobs as they seem to be quite a big operation with massive bits of steel n stuff laying around. So people like us with a few bits to PC are not given priority.

When I dropped them off it was '''Ring us middle of next week'' Rang in on the middle of said next week, & it was ''Call us on Friday''. When I called on Friday it was ''No haven't had chance to do them yet Mate(!) I'll get them blasted on Monday & coated on Tuesday phone us then''

Finally picked them up on the Wed's.

The rear wheel looks as if it has grit in the finish on some parts of the rim, the rest of it is fine as are the other bits I had done. There is still grit in the hub which has to be a bad sign when you think about it.

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I have another set of wheels to be done; the company is local to me and only want £45 for the pair, so I'll report as to whether the job is any good.
They're quoting a week turnaround.
crustydemon69

Post by crustydemon69 »

Theres is a powder coaters up by me in Bingley,west yorks called Triple 'S'...
The work they do really is second to none and it may be worth packing them up and sending the parts onto them for coating if you want a top finish.
Not bad prices either considering the quality of work they do....
:thumbup:

http://www.triple-s.co.uk/
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:I have another set of wheels to be done; the company is local to me and only want £45 for the pair, so I'll report as to whether the job is any good.
They're quoting a week turnaround.
Cheap as chips Dude! NSP was £70 for the wheels. 8O
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
gilson

Post by gilson »

Not sure where you are based but davesp2 from this forum painted mine in white and are great. He used a special paint that binds really strongly to the metal.

I was impressed. PM him if you like to know more.
No bike (yet).
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Cheers, Gilson, but I want to try this local (to me) and cheap company out, if they're any good I'll post it up.

I'll post if they're not, as well!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

fingers crossed tony........ :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
pariah

Post by pariah »

With any bare metal surface, ensure that etch primer is applied before any other paint. This product is actually an acid based primer and burns into the metal and produces a good surface for other coats to be applied after. No flaking or lifting :thumbup: to .
rob...

Post by rob... »

i learnt (the hard way) never to use a 'general' powder coaters.
if they do school chairs they're not gonna take any care over bike bits. and they won't know what needs masking and what doesn't....

i use griffs reality motorworks in bristol.
i can't recommend them highly enough.

they only do bike parts, the boss is a member of the national chopper club so knows bikes inside out. they also do polishing and wheel building etc.

http://www.realitymotorworks.com/index.html
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I'd suggest masking up and fitting blanking bolts in any threads.
Grit from he blasting gets into every little orifice, and the better you mask, the better the finish.