what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Diabolus

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Diabolus »

mattster wrote:The weekend there saw me take the baffles out for probably the last bit of nice weather we're going to see this year! Blue skies + (mainly) dry roads!

After I'd scared countless people/animals with the V-Twin roar, it was time to head for home and give the bike a bath. It's not looking too shabby if I do say so myself! :clap:

Now just to finish sanding/painting the Moriwaki style bellypan and get it fitted, then strip/paint the wheels..... :thumbup:
Very nice has the subframe been powder coated???
my wheeles are tatty and need painting any tips???
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

stared at mine in the garage, still with stubborn studs.

mind you, at least she's nice and warm and cosy not being out in this mucky weather :D
mattster

Post by mattster »

Diabolus wrote: Very nice has the subframe been powder coated???
my wheeles are tatty and need painting any tips???
Yep - subframe powder coated satin black a few months ago! Fancied doing some other parts as well, but decided against it for the time being...

Wheels - I'm no expert at all. I just take em off, give them a thorough clean/degrease, wet/dry paper to get rid of any rough spots, then Halfords finest spray cans! It's never a fully professional job, but for £20 all-in, it'll do me just fine.

More £ for :beer:
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

well that would do for me i have compressor ect.... but never seems as fine a spray as aerosol.
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

today i did the little airbox mod it only took 5 mins, it will be interesting to see what difference it will make together with the longer velocity stacks. and a dynojet kit and k&n filter.
i will be dyno time this spring i think.....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Took it for a test
Love the new front end with renthals
Its nice now the front don't bottom out when braking

Can't ride but it don't stop me trying
azvtr1000rider

Post by azvtr1000rider »

Installed heating elements under grips in preparation for cooler weather here in Arizona, USA.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.347059,-111.815830
toonarmy

Post by toonarmy »

god you have straight roads and so many junctions
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

er all ive done is cleaned it and nailed it lolz just took me m8 out on my track for a blast sp vs sv, had a beltin run but got a bit of a chase off an unmarked plod car lol.
we split off & just rang him & he got away ok! :twisted:
i was only doing 28mph of course. :shh:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
toonarmy

Post by toonarmy »

well polish mine today looks like im not getting out wet and miserable had a great run up the coast with a pal yesterday listening to the roar of his gsxr1000 nice machine
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Nice little 120 mile blast on the Storm. Took the twisties down to Abergavenny for a brew and a chat and then the fast route back to Gloucester. Well, the weather was perfect but you can still tell the time of year by the state of the roads. Mixed bag of fast and dry, damp, greasy patches, and gravel and mud courtesy of Mr. Tractor driver :evil: . A couple of moments but that only gets the heart beating faster so not a real problem. :twisted: (I still had the picture of Robs bike covered in mud in my head....... 8O ) Could well be the last proper ride of the year but fingers crossed for a bit more global warming :thumbup:
veefour

Post by veefour »

Decided to fit an extra brilliant Headlamp Bulb & the wire clip broke out of the Headlamp housing while re-fitting, nuts.
Next weekend will take the unit out & try to repair it, unless someone on here has got a spare 98 model Headlamp Unit for a reasonable price of course.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

?? There a small screw that allows the metal spring clip to hinge to clip the bulb in place. Is it the clip that has broken (same as any auto one) or the back of the headlight housing where it sits?
veefour wrote:Decided to fit an extra brilliant Headlamp Bulb & the wire clip broke out of the Headlamp housing while re-fitting, nuts.
Next weekend will take the unit out & try to repair it, unless someone on here has got a spare 98 model Headlamp Unit for a reasonable price of course.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
veefour

Post by veefour »

[quote="Wicky"]?? There a small screw that allows the metal spring clip to hinge to clip the bulb in place. Is it the clip that has broken (same as any auto one) or the back of the headlight housing where it sits?

The headlight housing unfortunately.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

This will fix it Image

Can't ride but it don't stop me trying