Do I buy?

General Bike chat
cheekykev

Re: Do I buy?

Post by cheekykev »

Buy it, keep it, ride it.
Be individual, have something different instead of something that thousands of others have already got. what's the point of buying something like that to strip down and put back to standard, just to end up with something that is as common as a Ford Focus, Sorry I don't see the sense in that at all :confused :thumbdown:
I have my bikes because I love the character of each one of them, to me that's what motorcycling is about, having something you admire, something that you enjoy looking at and riding :D regardless of size, make or age :thumbup:
Unless it’s just a form of transport to work and back of course.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Hmm..

Just tried an insurance quote, and without mods, it will be about £800 for the year fully comp. :thumbdown:

With the mods declared, only 1 on go compare quoted and it was £1400!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I can afford the monthly payments, but I begrudge paying so damn much for insurance.

Any good insurance companies any of you know of for insuring modified bikes?

And also - if you buy a bike and are blissfully unaware of modifications, and dont declare them, what happens if you need to claim?
rob...

Post by rob... »

f*ck me!! how old are you??? 12???

my 'storm is £65 a year.

pay their inflated premiums, but make sure you have a 'claim' every couple of years to get some money back...... :wink: :wink:
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i suggest you have a look at asda comparison .... they offer by far the cheapest quotes, mine is currently £113 fc for the sp1, storm & ped with 4 years no claims insured, recovery, euro travel, pillion etc.

up to you if you declare the extras.... seeing as you have all the std parts you could always put them back on for insurance purposes....

there are some ridiculous quotes out there atm... ive had a full bike licence for nearly 30 years, got no claims etc but ebike still wanted 41 a mth to insure a 50cc moped valued at £250 lol... thats nearly £500 a year lol, tpft!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Miztaziggy

Do I buy?

Post by Miztaziggy »

I'm 28 mate, and my storm is £130 a year with no claims and license for 4 years.

Difference is the storm is valued at £1500 and has 100hp. This thing is worth £8500 and has 190 hp.

Still the price difference is crazy!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I never know wheter it is worth stating all the extras, as they only end up telling you that you have to pay more premium, and they will only pay you for the basic bike if it is stolen or written off, so what is the benift?

they just screw you!

tell them that you have painted the forks gold, that is all..........
AMcQ
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

A lot of companies these days will pay out for the extra's but at a bit less than market value. They did with mine when the storm got trashed. Try Allstyles motorcycle insurance. They were half the price of anyone else for me. They specialize in customs but do heavily modded street and sports bikes too. As well as classic and custom peds. The owner is a guy called Garry and spends his days cutting about on a 2 stroke ped at all the scooter meets.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!