Nitro lid's???

General Bike chat
DD

Nitro lid's???

Post by DD »

Now I am woundering what the Nitro lids are like, as they have only recently come into NZ. I believe that thay are rated over your way (UK) as 'not too bad'
I'm thinking about either the N900v or N1000v models, but as there are only the cheaper lids on the shelf so far I'm not sure what they are like I'v only seen them here http://www.nitro-helmets.com/
So if any of you guys were em, what ya reckon?
cheers Darryl
captainkirk11

nitro lids

Post by captainkirk11 »

I have used a nitro N800 for over a year and have found it to be an excellent summer helmet with good interior ventilation and a removable lining.It has fitted very well and the padding still feels snug and when touring in France this year in +30 degree heat I really felt the benefit of the top vents.It is however a bit draughty round the chin and to keep warm in winter it needs a chin curtain,but I think it was well worth £100 and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.
ps. tinted/iridium visors for it are only about £20
MDJ

Post by MDJ »

alternatively you could put safety first and buy an Arai.

How much is your life worth? if a doc told you a $500 opperation would save you would you be wiilling to pay? yeah! bargin.
I got knocked down, but i'll get up again and you'll never ever keep me down!
DD

Post by DD »

captainkirk11 wrote:I have used a nitro N800 for over a year
The N800 is the model that the shop had in store looked good but was a tad to gay for me as they only had flero pinky red, I also found the padding a bit rough/harsh thats why I was thinking about there top models. Thanks for the info.
MDJ wrote:alternatively you could put safety first and buy an Arai.

How much is your life worth? if a doc told you a $500 opperation would save you would you be wiilling to pay? yeah! bargin.
What a forking load a sh1t man, Arai is $1650 here, how the hell can they be any safer than a Shoei at $500??????? when they are all rated the same.

Ok now a Shoei, Arai or Nitro will be better than a $99 lid the avarage here being bout $300 so your way of thinking tells me you are a ningkinpop :wink:
Come on man you are paying for a name..... a name with the best compfort (if ya head shape suits a Arai) ventalation etc and a lid that will last a longer time, providing it doesent fall of ya bike seat.

The Nitro I'm interested in costs $500 the same as a Shoei so I think that one is as safe as the other FWIW the top Arai would be my pick if I could justafy the $$$ which at 3 times the price I cant........ besides mate, sh1t I only ride a old storm.... it just wouldent look right would it? 8)
cheers Darryl