Is anybody riding in this?

General Bike chat
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Just been out to check the road. It is like a skating ring out there! Think I will have to join the rabble on the train tomorrow :(

Am I just getting soft? is anybody still riding? will be my first day off the bike for a fair while.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Mine has been put away for a month now
Your not soft just smart
No one wants to bin there bike and there is more chance of that in winter

Sorry officer
The voices made me do it
Steve6088

Re: Is anybody riding in this?

Post by Steve6088 »

Could be that. I dropped it in the ice twice last year which has made me realize how easy it is to do.
Last edited by Steve6088 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

Wimps!! :D *Joke mode off*

I ride all year round, not through choice mind you! I have no car licence and live out in the sticks miles away from anything. :roll:

However I was a courier in London for 7 years so I'm kind of used to riding in all sorts of carppy weather!

Keep it upright guys! :thumbup:
Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Jester666 wrote:Wimps!! :D *Joke mode off*

I ride all year round, not through choice mind you! I have no car licence and live out in the sticks miles away from anything. :roll:

However I was a courier in London for 7 years so I'm kind of used to riding in all sorts of carppy weather!

Keep it upright guys! :thumbup:

Ditto, deffo getting a car soon tho,

cant be arsed with another winter, plays hell with the bike too, i use a lot of WD40 and that all over the engine area to stop the salt and crap sticking to it
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

I'm on the bus for the last month, storm needs some attention and yet to find the time. Hopefully back on mid-late Jan.

Ride safe guys who are upright - at the bus stop this morning at 7.30 a bloke on an R1 stopped when the train barrier came down on a very frosty road. "go safe and sure" I thought as he spun away.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Out and about with lashings of ACF-50 and hippo hands & heated grips up on full! Taking it very easy.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

All year here, except for snow unless caught out in it, live near major roads so well salted, 37 mile commute each way, Storm semi mothballed when like this as just wheel spins all over the place, use my SV mainly.
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

only been out on mine about twice in the last month, didnt really enjoy the last time.

daughters boyfriend commutes 5/6 times a week on an rsv mille from ipswich to chelsea , approx 80 miles could be any time of day often at 3 am ! i do not envy him and even worry about him sometimes! must be getting old !
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
geodude

Post by geodude »

Can't wait for the snow tbh. Having said that, if I had the storm still, then it would no doubt be tucked away in the garage whist it snowed.
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Wicky wrote:Out and about with lashings of ACF-50 and hippo hands & heated grips up on full! Taking it very easy.

Never tried ACF-50, always just used WD40 or equivalent, just looked into ACF-50 it after reading your post, looks like great stuff will treat my self come pay day. cheers :)

What's the avg price for a tin, and how long does it last with normal use, how often do you apply it to your bike?

thanks,
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
doddy55

Post by doddy55 »

I ride all yeah round apart from when it snows I ring into work and take the day off lol but gonna do my driving test after Xmas and use works 4x4 through the next winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

I am being tight and using WD40 at the moment. I think it does just as good a job, it just washes off easier and therefore needs to be applied more frequently. I can of ACF-50 doesn't last very long, maybe 2 decent coatings of the bike. Think I paid £12 for a can from Heine Gericke.
vtrnewb90

Post by vtrnewb90 »

I also ride in the bad weather unless its stupidly shite outside, then I will jump on the bus, but am currently learning to drive. So hopefully will be able to put my storm away wrapped up ready for spring if I pass fast enough, with my luck it will be spring when I pass.
rob's red storm

Post by rob's red storm »

I've not got a car license either, but switched to the GS for the shite weather...came off on Saturday on some ice but just picked it up, adjusted the mirrors and good to go! The storm would have been in a right mess if I had been on that!
I ride in all weathers but try to avoid really snowy days. Roads to work are generally well gritted...if I can get the bike onto the road I should be good to go

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk