elric

Re: Firestorm Stolen

Post by elric »

:clap: Fantastic news.
It's only easy if you know the answer!
geodude

Re: Firestorm Stolen - Now recovered :)

Post by geodude »

templ8, can you change the thread subject to "Firestorm Stolen - Now recovered :)" or something? My heart drops every time I see "Firestorm Stolen"

Great news on getting it back. I actually cried like a baby when someone stole my precious DT125R.

Its great to get it back although for a while, it felt dirty if you know what I mean?
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
oldbikeman

Post by oldbikeman »

Had the same happen to me and the bike never felt the same.Iam sure you know what I mean.I'd rather the thief had been chased by the law and him and the bike gone over a cliff and his whole family burn to death.I think it rather upset me.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

ive had a few nicked over the years.... the ones i can remember...
cb250rs stolen from outside my house... first i knew was a knock at the door early hours. i was on the nest at the time & couldnt find any clothes to answer the door so i just put a sock over my nob and peeped round the door.
a bunch of plod were unloading my bike from the back of their van & wanted a statement off me.
it was a bit embarrasing tbh.

then one day i heard my dog barking like mad so went downstairs & saw my cr125 had gone... i let the dog out & he ran straight to a house round the corner where 2 scrotes were tring to get it to start.
the main lad got floored by a swift belt round the chin & his dad came out wanting some... when i explained his lad had stole my crosser he proceeded to batter the living sh1t out of him lol, much to my amusement. :biggrin
he also payed for the damage they'd caused and bought me a chain & lock for it as well.

then another morning i thought id missed the binmen cos i heard a noise, but thought balls to it and just rolled over and went back to sleep.
got up, rainy day, jumped in tha car and drove to work.
same next day.
weekend comes, sun's out. leathers on, helmet on. where's me fkin bike???? 8O
rang plod and they didnt believe i didnt notice it had gone.

it was found a few days later smashed up on the railway embankment nearby, not a panel left on it.
that was a ft500 honda, great in a straight line but a pig on bends. i hope the thief got severely mangled.
i had a good mind to go the hossy and pull some tubes out but thought better of it and just made a claim.... they wouldnt pay out cos it wasnt taxed & i got £50 scrap value :Beer Popcorn:
mad thing was it was chained to a floorplate through a kerbstone. i reckon they mustve put it on the seat & wheeled it off. fkin pikeys.

then nearly 5yrs ago cbr600, again outside my window. only had it 6 weeks and had just got it nice.
made a claim on that one too nd lost all my 7yrs no claims.
just got it back to an acceptable discount now & have insured my no claims this time.

fiddler the lot of them.
the next time i catch someone whos stole or attempted to steal my bike i swear i will empty a can of expanding foam up their fkin arsehole. :Ball Kick:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

ouch :eek2
oldbikeman

Post by oldbikeman »

In 94 I hired a van to move a friend and left my mint 1961 Norton 650ss in their lockup over night which they swore was safe.Insurance gave me £50 for it because it was so old (not kidding).A few months later the guy who owns the hire firm had his business go up in smoke and wasn't covered for it ,apparently.It wasn't a classic to me it was a bike I ran from new.
Thats,s not true I bought it from my dad who had it from new but it was my first road machine in 78 and still upset.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

templ8 wrote:Good News !

Bike has been found in New Moston area of Oldham and has spent the day at the recovery yard being examined by the CSI

Apparently it's in very good shape and I hope to get it back tomorrow.

Security upgrade in progress.

Well chuffed.

Templ8 :beer:
:oops: I missed this. Excellent news :D I'm well pleased for you.

Chris.
seb421

Re: Firestorm Stolen. Now recovered !!!!!!!

Post by seb421 »

I'm with you on that benny, i have a cross bow now, used to have a bolt action 10 shot air rifle but swapped that for a paint ball gun 'marker', got some new land to shoot and hunt on so might get another air riffle or apply for shotgun in future if i move out my dads.

Got some home defence hard rubber paint balls i say paint they are just solid rubber, omg they hurt.

also a crossbow bolt to the leg will drop any one!

break-inns

two rock ends tried to break into my house around 3:30am a couple of years ago, i was knocking one out at the time downstairs and hear a noise out side, got a knife and got the brother and went out for them,

they also had a knife but ran for it down the estate through gardens east of mine then as we approached switched direction round a car and went back other way past house again and up the ginnel to the sh1t hole area,

one of the lads was shouting at his mate to 'stab him... stab him' but they made off quicker than i could run, i was really pissed off that they had tried to break in and would have probably took it to the bitter end.

next door to me i have a copper, who saw the whole thing and never did jack about it, what a pencil Richard b8stard.

only othr time we got robbed was when they stole a big concrete whakker that took 3 strong (strong men) to lift and move and a diamond blade petrol cutter thing

they knew what they wanted they must have seen us using it in the day time, broke into garage and took it all, the petrol cutter was chained to the ceiling too!!

i now a new garage door and better security.

wasn't impressed tho that the 'cop' next door did nothing probably another reason I have issues with the force
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033

Post by Image »

Good luck. Did it have a disc lock on it?
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I once had the ignition lock screwdrivered when I was in my Ninjutsu class on my CBR600, lucky they werent caught when the class and sensies came out :evil: The police came took a statement then a removal firm came with the wrong equipment, despite me complaining that the pick up the brought wasnt fit for purpose they assured me it would be safe.

When we was at my house they gave me the bill, it was fekking expensive, but I assured the driver that it wasnt as expensive as the repair bill they were going to get for the crushed fairing they had caused whilst it was on their removal truck. :lol:

Give em their due, the payed for it, I replaced the ignition, helmet lock and petrol lock, the whole episode cost me around £700 in the end.

I am thankfull that I didnt put alarm stickers on the bike as this must of frightened them them and made them flee, I am also thankful that I didnt catch them, as it would not have been good for anyone.