suspension service [dont try this at home kids]

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
hammie

Post by hammie »

So, ccts changed for manual ones, wondered where the little oil drip was coming from at the rear, after reading some posts found that the rear is suseptable to leaking, siliconed and tightened back up, again after reading posts rear swingarm linkage stripped checked [luckily all ok] painted polished and greased, then fun and games trying to support the bike so i could get to the forks to put some hagon progressive springs and new oil in, [see dodgy mk2 piece of wood lol] then found i had a bent fork leg!!!, well it is a 10 loving owner 900 quid bike lol, but although it seem to ride ok you will hopefully see from the pix the leg aint straight, managed to source one from dk for £60 delivered, pick up the powder coated [black] wheels tommorrow so hopefully all back up and running at the weekend, surprised at how many loose fasteners i have found on the bike too, soon to be serviced and safe
now lets see if i can post some pixImage
Image[/img]ImageImage
agentpineapple

Re: suspension service [dont try this at home kids]

Post by agentpineapple »

looking good hammie, i like the holes in the fairing, a bit like the first blade, not sure i'd do it to mine(i prefer the original look)
i wish i had your workshop fella :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
hammie

Post by hammie »

cheers bsm, holes were already in fairing, only on one side though????? [proper minter mine u know lol], workshop is only my garage, where the cars will never see the light of day, or anything else from the clutter and crap we accumulate, its the only room in the house that nobody but me goes in, [my room stay out lol]
cheers H
whitestorm pete

Post by whitestorm pete »

Ha ha know what you mean my mrs is not aloud in my garage she says its the man space!
I have not long re done my forks and headstock bearings used a car jack and a curb stone through the back wheel :lol:
If sh1t were money you would be worth a fortune
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

A garage is a mans room just for bikes and tools and no teddys or scatter cushions

Sorry officer
The voices made me do it
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Well spotted Hammie, I'm sure it will be a lot better with a straight fork stanchion.
The parts you've been working on are looking good. At least you won't have any problems with the rear suspension now, an important job well worth doing :thumbup:

Chris.
hammie

Post by hammie »

tbh it seemed to ride ok, but as its a new to me bike, cheap and pretty unloved, with lots of pre cons, i want to get it safe, as its a rapid bike and i dont want anything going wrong at oh my word mph lol, once the forks are back in [stripped the bent one today for practice, and was full of black sludge!!] she will be sorted, mucho thanks to all on here for the help and advice, roll on the good weather, ive not had to spend much either, £35 for ccts, £40 for service items and fork seals, £90 for the wheels and to be pwdr coated, and just the unexpected expense for the fork leg £60, just my time and some paint and polish i had lying around in the garage , so still only £1100 serviced sorted and safe, must try not to pretty it up too much anymore lol, oh and i have a set of polished rim wheels that i can get a few quid back on, cheap speed me thinks
cheers H
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

your making good progress there mate. can i ask where you got your cct,s ?
ta
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
hammie

Post by hammie »

off bazza on this forum, £35 exchange for your old ones
cheers hammie
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Hammie has the swing arm been powder coated at all, cause that looks very smart.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

"off bazza on this forum, £35 exchange for your old ones
cheers hammie"

thanks
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
hammie

Post by hammie »

no bazzer not pcoated, just painted with some silver i had in the garage, it had been painted badley in situ, so you can imagine what a top job it had had done, thought i might as well give it a proper job whilst it was out of the bike, did consider stripping and polishing it, but only for about 5 seconds lol
cheers H