front and rear new sprockets whoaaaa!!!!!

General Bike chat
4bangthis996

front and rear new sprockets whoaaaa!!!!!

Post by 4bangthis996 »

alright i just went 1 down in the front and 2 up in the rear. I must say for around town and a little interstate riding it is wombles awesome!!!. I noticed i am running at 5,000 rpm at like 75 to 80 mph in 6th . i can cruise around in 6th gear in town and wack the throttle and have no bog. I will probably get ride of the rear sprocket when it wears out and just put the stock back on so i can cruise on the interstate. But for now its all fun.

oh yea and i can clutch it in 3rd and get the wheel up like 2 inches :lol:
Adeptus Mechanicus
STEVESTORM

Post by STEVESTORM »

Half hearted? - Idid a 15 front and 45 rear and reckon I could weelie in 7th!?

I can now blow my mates zx12 up to 70 - not a lot left after that though
Brian

front and rear sprocket's

Post by Brian »

Has anybody tried just one tooth of the front? Does it make a noticeable difference ? I don't need the bikes top speed but a little extra oomph would be nice !
The other thing I wondered was does it affect the speedo and mileometer ? The speedo is already a pain to read , especially in 30's and 40's.

Thanks for any comments
dodds

Post by dodds »

hi, loads of people have droped one on the front and it does give you more oomph, also it does affect the speedo, there are lots of previous posts about this so have a search, dodds.
4bangthis996

Post by 4bangthis996 »

i'm probably going to go stock in the rear and leave the front 1 down,aftre the rear sprocket wears out. at first its like holy sh1t this sucks then once you get use to it its awesome!!!!!! and its a cheap mod to do so why not :wink:
Adeptus Mechanicus
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I've gone bigger on the rear :D

Pete.l

But I think it just my age :oops:
Iwantafirestorm

Post by Iwantafirestorm »

STEVESTORM wrote:Half hearted? - Idid a 15 front and 45 rear and reckon I could weelie in 7th!?

I can now blow my mates zx12 up to 70 - not a lot left after that though
Anything that can blow a ZX12 up to 70 must be good! :twisted:
RT Hawk

Sprocket changes

Post by RT Hawk »

I did the 2 up on the rear for awhile, then went to a 15T on the front also. It takes some getting use to after the change. The only thing strange I did notice is a whine/whirring noise coming from the area of the front sprocket when I let off the throttle. Anybody else find that after the front sprocket change?
Then again it could be my imagination and it was there the entire time. I think anytime after I wrench on anything I hear noises. :?
Rick D.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Guess its kanda to be expected. The chain is having to go round a smaller diameter sprocket so each link is moving more so more noise

Well thats the scientific answer, but it could also be the different sprocket sounds different -the standard Honda ones have a big rubber pad on the back which the replacement ones are missing.

Ben
BP team

Post by BP team »

i only changed the front sprocket for 1 down. it's the best change you could do! at law RPM the bike is more smooth (fluent?).
and sometime i manage to lift up and stand in 3rd without clutcing!
What is the use of 16 ft sprocket??????

The difference on the speedo is arround 6.25%
yellowvtwin

Post by yellowvtwin »

I have gone 1 down on the front makes a huge difference it now easily holds 3rd on the back wheel :twisted: and can clutch up 3rd gear stand ups with out a problem. I would like to go larger on the back so I can start to do some slower wheelies and get more into stunting but I love track days and road rides so I guess its out for now till I can get a 2nd styorm 1 for track and ride days and 1 to stunt
VTR stunter

sizes

Post by VTR stunter »

I have gone +12 on the rear. (use to have -1 on the front but it didn't feel right). Top of first is about 65km/hr (40 miles/hr).....it'll pop up easily in up to 3rd gear. :D
STUNTRIDING IS NOT A CRIME

02 VTR Firestorm
03 Turbo Hayabusa
yellowvtwin

Re: sizes

Post by yellowvtwin »

VTR stunter wrote:I have gone +12 on the rear. (use to have -1 on the front but it didn't feel right). Top of first is about 65km/hr (40 miles/hr).....it'll pop up easily in up to 3rd gear. :D
+12 how does it go on ride days 8O where did you get the sprocket from
VTR stunter

Re: sizes

Post by VTR stunter »

yellowvtwin wrote:+12 how does it go on ride days 8O where did you get the sprocket from

Ride days.....The only riding my bike see's is balence point slow stuff and other stunts..... :D

I rarely ride it on the street although is street registered, i never go to ride days, I'll have to pm ya on OSB's site when i get there name and number 8)
STUNTRIDING IS NOT A CRIME

02 VTR Firestorm
03 Turbo Hayabusa
STEVESTORM

bizarre

Post by STEVESTORM »

+12 is purely stunts - trust me - a 1T drop front and 4 diff rear is mad enough for normal people whilst still allowing reasonable distance.

DO PEOPLE STILL USE THAT WORD...(WHILST)