Workshop Day - Colchester Essex - April 7

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

tony.mon

Re: Workshop Day - Colchester Essex - April 7

Post by tony.mon »

bigspanishmarty wrote:lets hope the weathers on. Otherwise it's the outside gents :thumbup:
How dare you disrespect Wicky's shed?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

how very dare you, i've been blatently mis-quoted, did you ever work for the news of the world tony :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

MacV2 wrote:
bigspanishmarty wrote:i've changed my flight to sunday the 15th so i should deffo be there........whooppie!!!!
Haven't you heard that the date has been changed to the 15th? Spose we could all meet up in the airport car park instead. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

are you pulling my leg mac? i've changed my flight at great expense for nothing :confused

Yes Marty just pulling your legs.....note the reference to the car park? & all the :lol: 's

Never been much into fishing but that's definitely a hook line & sinker :Fish:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Chop

Post by Chop »

Good evening gentlemen.

All things being equal (which they usually aren't) i would like to attend this rather splendid day.

I have a question which i hope someone can help me with.

I would like a gear position indicator on the bike and wondered,

what type i would need ( Firestorm 1997 )?

could this be done at the workshop day or is it more involved than that ?

It's probably worth mentioning that i am a "ham fisted, heavy handed tw@"
when it comes to anything mechanical, so would be grateful of as much help as can be afforded a buffoon,
and a note as to what to bring?

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance you may be able to offer.

If this is to much to take on on a workshop day i would still be pleased to attend so as to meet some of you.

Cheers
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If it's an Acumen DC8 combined volts/gear indicator unit I posted a "how to" in Workshop and it's not too much to do on a ws day.
But the idea is that you do most of the work yourself, not just watch while someone else does it for you.

However one of us can guide, oversee and make sure you're not chopping through important wires.
I can bring soldering iron (decent enough to work well outside) fuses, heatshrink etc.

Got to be honest, if it's a different model or manufacturer I'd prefer not to do it on a ws day, because it's important to make sure that all bikes are finished, running and roadworthy at the end of the day.

But if anyone else has more experience with electrics please check in and take over.
Chop

Post by Chop »

Hi Tony

Thank you very much for your quick and full response.

Having now looked at the price of these units I may have to wait till
later in the year. the tax man has fleeced me of most of my available funds.
I think I'll put a wanted notice up and see what happens. You never know
someone may have one lurking in the back of their garage.

Whether or not I manage to get one I will still try and make the workshop day.
It's a fantastic idea and well worth supporting, even if it's just to talk about
a common interest.

Thanks agian :D
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It'd be good if you can make it, if nothing else you can have a look at my installation and see how it's done.

If you get a secondhand one, try to get the installation guide or paperwork that came with it.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

THE SOUTHERN CHAPTER MEET UP POINT?

Ladies & Gentlepeeps, as the date for Wickys Workshopday fast approaches, I thought I would make an suggestion for a good meet up point for any one coming along, who will be heading North / North East to get there. Kent, Surrey, London, Herts & even bits of Essex.

Assuming that things will be kicking off at Wickys around 10am, how about meeting at the Brook Street Services, M25 J28/A12. (For anyone not familiar with this area these services are located off the roundabout at J28 heading towards Brentwood, which I think is the A129.)(( No it's the A1023, just checked a map!))

There is a fuel station & there is/was a Little Chef, so it's a good spot for a pit stop prior to heading up the A12 towards Colchester.

Early birds for a bit of breakfast or just a coffee 8 / 8.30 aiming to leave 9.30 at the latest heading for Colchester.

Your thoughts please.
Last edited by MacV2 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That works for me Mac.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

sounds good to me also, i'll be there theres nothing like a little thieve in the morning ..... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Oh Bollicks, Just mentioned this to the minister of war and she has booked a weekend break in Jersey for the 6/7/8 April. Sorry chaps but I am now unable to attend. If it gets moved to the following weekend due to inclement weather I will be there.
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:Oh Bollicks, Just mentioned this to the minister of war and she has booked a weekend break in Jersey for the 6/7/8 April. Sorry chaps but I am now unable to attend. If it gets moved to the following weekend due to inclement weather I will be there.
Phew! One less blue one to look at! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, only joshing ya Kev. Be a real shame to miss it, but what a lame excuse! You got time for a divorce before the 7th?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Kev L wrote:Oh Bollicks, Just mentioned this to the minister of war and she has booked a weekend break in Jersey for the 6/7/8 April. Sorry chaps but I am now unable to attend. If it gets moved to the following weekend due to inclement weather I will be there.
are you a man or a mouse????????????? :twisted: Spa breaks rather than getting oil under your fingers in the garage, is this what owning a blue bike does for you :D
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Nice break with the Missus somewhere I have'nt been before or day in Essex surrounded by leather clad dudes of a certain age and persuasion? Close as it is I have to defer to the former. Real shame and my fault completely for not listening when she told me the dates!!
I will make it to one of the Storm dates, promise, life keeps getting in the way.
As to the colour issue, you know real men ride blue and raging Homo's indulge themselves with garish yellow tings innit do bruv.
:D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

wouldn't be the first time a man didn't listern to his misses, and it won't be the last time either :lol: :lol: :lol:
shame you won't be there buddy, what are the chances of rain and then sunshine a week later :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!