Ebay Finds (unusal/cheap/rare/or just good value)

Moderator: VTRDark

agentpineapple

sp1 master cylinder....on ebay

Post by agentpineapple »

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Re: Ebay Finds (unusal/cheap/rare/or just good value)

Post by AMCQ46 »

It is the clutch mc though, so don't order it as an upgrade for the brakes :D
AMcQ
tony.mon

Re: Ebay Finds good condition secondhand CCT's...

Post by tony.mon »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VTR-Firestorm ... 500wt_1413

These are in good condition, according to Sarah, of Glasgow.

Funny that one's very much shorter than the other, though, isn't it?

Still, only a tenner, probably worth taking a chance on......... :roll:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
seb421

Re: Ebay Finds good condition secondhand CCT's...

Post by seb421 »

tony.mon wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VTR-Firestorm ... 500wt_1413

These are in good condition, according to Sarah, of Glasgow.

Funny that one's very much shorter than the other, though, isn't it?

Still, only a tenner, probably worth taking a chance on......... :roll:

ha good find tony wonder what state the engine is in given the state of that plunger
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just a quick word of warning, I was thinking of purchasing these Blueflame exhausts on fleabay.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0666777934
I have decided not to. I emailed the seller to ask if they came with removable baffles. His response was as follows:
hi
no sorry ! it says not for road use on them but not to loud sound just like a duc 9i6 !
thanks andy

- zrx1200randy
Note he did not put this into his Questions & Answers. Mmm I wonder why! :lol:

Still I bet they sound good. Just be aware they might cause MOT issues and if you get pulled by plod and they see Not For Road Use marked on them.....

Just want fellow forum members to be aware of this. :wink:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
seb421

Post by seb421 »

cybercarl wrote:Just a quick word of warning, I was thinking of purchasing these Blueflame exhausts on fleabay.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0666777934
I have decided not to. I emailed the seller to ask if they came with removable baffles. His response was as follows:
hi
no sorry ! it says not for road use on them but not to loud sound just like a duc 9i6 !
thanks andy

- zrx1200randy
Note he did not put this into his Questions & Answers. Mmm I wonder why! :lol:

Still I bet they sound good. Just be aware they might cause MOT issues and if you get pulled by plod and they see Not For Road Use marked on them.....

Just want fellow forum members to be aware of this. :wink:

Strange that all blueflame motorcycle exhausts was road legal for as long as i can remember browsing on the site, they well bummed that circlip quick release baffle they had patented and stuck it on every exhaust they offered

it looked good and worked well, but after some time the one on the right side started to vibrate which did my tits in a bit had to jam a tiny washer in-between the grove and circlip stop it vibrating

ask him for a picture of the end can should be able see if they are indeed original blue flames or some sort of cheepo with a decal on them, when bluefalme sold me the exhausts i told them i didn't like there new branding and would only buy if they sold them with the originals so they sent me quite a few
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I don't know, just going with what he told me. If anyone is interested in the one on fleabay but don't believe me, give the guy a call. His number is on the listing. I'm not bothering and have given up with that one!
No baffles does not bother me but being marked not for Road Use does. I would have to dremel it off and re-polish, then get some sort of BS marking/sticker or something. :lol:

All I know is that the earlier ones where better built than the later ones and they sound good. Not sure about the circlip thingy. Wasn't that patent brought out with the later ones when they designed the twin outlet evo exhaust. :confused

Have fun.

seb421

Post by seb421 »

cybercarl wrote:I don't know, just going with what he told me. If anyone is interested in the one on fleabay but don't believe me, give the guy a call. His number is on the listing. I'm not bothering and have given up with that one!
No baffles does not bother me but being marked not for Road Use does. I would have to dremel it off and re-polish, then get some sort of BS marking/sticker or something. :lol:

All I know is that the earlier ones where better built than the later ones and they sound good. Not sure about the circlip thingy. Wasn't that patent brought out with the later ones when they designed the twin outlet evo exhaust. :confused

Have fun.

Yes that's true for bluefalmes the earlier models was a lot better than the stuff they have turned out the last few years, lot of difference in quaility between my dads and mine his was baught 2003/2004 mine 2009/2010

not saying i or others don't believe you mate, it's hard to trust an ebay seller and thanks for the tip off too :)

Having not for road use on anything is a walk away moment for me, don't want to make it that easy for the boys in blue do we?
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VTR1000 ... _720wt_932

In the listing he says these are Scorpion race cans , when the picture quite clearly shows Art cans.

They look like they have seen better days but I have a pair of these exact cans and trust me they come up really well with a good clean and polish.

Oh and btw they are loud as fook.

Maybe worth a wee email and an offer for someone that wants a good set of cheap cans.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

not saying i or others don't believe you mate, it's hard to trust an ebay seller and thanks for the tip off too
No worries man :) I did sort of jump at your response with like, :eh: What's he tryng to say (pause) is calling me a liar :lol: must have been the way I read it.
In the listing he says these are Scorpion race cans , when the picture quite clearly shows Art cans
that is so funny it quite clearly says ART :lol: :lol: :lol:

seb421

Post by seb421 »

cybercarl wrote:
not saying i or others don't believe you mate, it's hard to trust an ebay seller and thanks for the tip off too
No worries man :) I did sort of jump at your response with like, :eh: What's he tryng to say (pause) is calling me a liar :lol: must have been the way I read it.

Good must have been the way i wrote it as it was never intend to look like i was saying your the fibber lol,

I've seen a lot of stuff for sale dressed up on eBay as something its not, a while ago I saw cheapo cans with a HRC youshimura sticker on them and the guy was selling them as that! they was cheep sh1t alloy cans!!
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
agentpineapple

clear, led rear light on ebay

Post by agentpineapple »

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

a nice blue f2 vtr

Post by agentpineapple »

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

interesting firestorm