Best Sounding Exhaust?

General Bike chat
hu112bu

Best Sounding Exhaust?

Post by hu112bu »

Hello,
I've been scouring youtube trying to find the best sounding cans for the VTR. So far, the Blue Flame exhaust with twin exits are my choice hands down. Are there any other cans available in the UK, or elsewhere, that have a similar "deep" note like these? I can't find any used, and am wondering if the single exit blue flame cans (or any others for that matter) have the same sound.

Here's the "magical" sound of the blue flame's:

Regards,
Tracy
seb421

Re: Best Sounding Exhaust?

Post by seb421 »

Im told / read that M4's sound the best there are a pair for sale on ebay, only pair i have ever seen for sale in the UK

i had blue flame single ports and i did love the sound of them, even with the baffle in they sounded great too

the scorpions i have in don't sound great to me when i'm riding it but when some one else rides it and goes by it sounds wombles sweet, strange.

Had some can i therw away or ryther my dad did, they had a little rust show up after being stored in a shed, they was pure race only items so so loud and throbbing, bloody house use to shake and the neighbours complained all the time, im running scorpions with out baffles and bellow 3,000 rpm they aint to bad get past that and they howl , the other race cans was noisey as wombles all the time tho?
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Ive got carbon can company cans oval sounds great ,dont ask to post a vid as I havnt got a clue how to 8)
Loud pipes save lives!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

these are the best sounding cans i've heard, shame theyre cut downs and can't be bought like that......
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
mark skett

Post by mark skett »

i got ART cans on mine and my mate had single port blue flame they were different mine are more of a grumble,,,,standing side by side we couldnt here the flame ones.
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

Mine are Stainless but otherwise the same cant find anything to record them to do them justice. Oh yes they are SP Engineering Big Bore XLS's they do longer ones but I liked the short look. They come with baffles and have the correct road use markings.

Last edited by Furrybiker on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hu112bu

Post by hu112bu »

Thanks for all the input! I watched a video of the M4's on an sp1 and they just weren't quite deep enough. Those cut down Yoshimura's are definetly acceptable! The carbon can company ones are a nice but lack the deep tone I'm looiking for. I feel like Goldilocks and the Three Bears! The Moriwaki "Zero" cans sound pretty incredible, not sure if it's the cans or the sound bouncing off the wall behind the bike though. Here's a vid of the Moriwaki's mounted high:

PS: The best parts are at startup and later at 1:36 where she pushes the choke in and "saves" the starving engine with some throttle input!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just a quick word of warning, I was thinking of purchasing these Blueflame exhausts on fleabay.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0666777934
I have decided not to. I emailed the seller to ask if they came with removable baffles. His response was as follows:
hi
no sorry ! it says not for road use on them but not to loud sound just like a duc 9i6 !
thanks andy

- zrx1200randy
Note he did not put this into his Questions & Answers. Mmm I wonder why! :lol:

Still I bet they sound good. Just be aware they might cause MOT issues and if you get pulled by plod and they see Not For Road Use marked on them.....

Just want fellow forum members to be aware of this. :wink:

I shall also post this into the eBay section on forum in case no one else see this.

(:-})

Ps got Microns on mine, Same as these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320869573858? ... 1423.l2649 Road legal, no removable baffles and I'm not that impressed with the sound. :thumbdown: A bit too tinny, not deep enough for me.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Remus high levels on mine sound the dogs baldrocks, nice low down rumble
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

these sound quite saucy

my quill ones are nice too
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

oooh yeh I like the sound of them. :thumbup: Not heard of thunder pipes before. Are they road legal with removable baffles? I wonder if they are cheap to buy and where they can be bought from, and if they do a stainless (cheaper) version. After all us VTR'rs are not just buying an exhaust we buying exhausts. Double bloody bubble. High level Thunder pipes would be even better! Now there's a thought mmm.

hu112bu

Post by hu112bu »

@cybercarl: I was the one who posted the question on the blue flames about postage to the states. Thanks for the heads up on the baffles. Still considering them but am afraid the final price will be close to what they cost new.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

No worries your welcome dude. :thumbup:
Still considering them but am afraid the final price will be close to what they cost new.
I was thinking the same thing as Bluflame are offering 20% discount at the moment. Newer ones are not as well made as the older ones though!
https://www.blueflameperformance.com/bi ... -pair.html

Ride Safe

hu112bu

Post by hu112bu »

@cybercarl, I didn't realise there was a difference in quality. Is this distinguished by the label? The original having the "Blue Flame" script, and the current one with the Blue Flame image only?
Tracy
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's what I have been led to believe. I'm sure others on here can confirm whether it's the labels that differentiates when the quality dropped, but I think that's right.
Yes that's true for blueflames the earlier models was a lot better than the stuff they have turned out the last few years, lot of difference in quality between my dads and mine his was bought 2003/2004 mine 2009/2010
http://www.haymouth.co.uk/phpBB3/viewto ... 45#p191255

I have read other stuff about them somewhere as well. Think it was here on the forum!

Maybe Blueflame thought they could save money by making the canister a few microns (thickness that is) thinner. :thumbdown: I suppose it's like most thing's in life, they don't make anything like they used to! When was the last time you changed the brushes in your starter motor :lol:

Ride Safe