Workshop Day - Colchester Essex - April 7

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

MacV2

Re: Workshop Day - Colchester Essex - April 7

Post by MacV2 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:in macnav we trust..... :lol:
Oh blimey, now the pressures on, hope it boots up OK or it might be a little quiet in Colchester on the day. :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I wouldn't worry too much, it's only Colchester that may be a prob, local back streets and all that! And considering the size of it, we could switch our bikes off, listen out for the sound of Whickies exhaust and direct ourselves by ear. :lol:

Got my old Fazer being brought back today (seized engine :( ) got to try and get that going at some stage as a winter runner.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Careful I'm a stone's throw from the 'Glasshouse'.. ;)
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Wicky wrote:Careful I'm a stone's throw from the 'Glasshouse'.. ;)
people who live near glasshouses shouldnt throw stones! :lol: another useless saying!

more importantly people in glass houses shouldnt walk round in the buff!
AMcQ
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

cybercarl wrote:Bigspanishmarty sound's good to me mate. :thumbup:

StormingHonda the more the merrier. :thumbup: I will hopefully be picking up a few tips when you are doing your CCTS, I have asked Rider On a Storm for a pair when he next has a batch.

Anyone on this little cruise down the A12 been to Wicky's before? Local knowledge when we get to Colchester wood be good!

I might need to meet you on the A12, as meeting on J8 is going waaaay back on myself. I usually get onto the A12 Via romford.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just so we are all clear on this.....
:lol: :lol:

Brook Street Services, M25 J28/A12 that is at around 2 o clock (position that is, not time) on the M25. I believe the set off time is around 9 ish, so get there early for Coffee, Ciggie, Fuel or whatever else is needed. Then wer'e off down the A12.

(;-})
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

StormingHonda wrote:

StormingHonda the more the merrier. :thumbup: I will hopefully be picking up a few tips when you are doing your CCTS, I have asked Rider On a Storm for a pair when he next has a batch.

Anyone on this little cruise down the A12 been to Wicky's before? Local knowledge when we get to Colchester wood be good!

I might need to meet you on the A12, as meeting on J8 is going waaaay back on myself. I usually get onto the A12 Via romford.
Storming dear Sir, not sure where you got J8 from that would be going way back for everyone! IT'S J28, which is Romford A12/M25 junction. The Brook Street services are on just off the roundabout, it's a triple decker type junction, A12 on the bottom, slip road up to a roundabout, 5 exits with M25 running over the top of the roundabout. From Romford you would need the 3rd exit which is the A1023 towards Brentwood. Hope that makes sense, but if not PM me a number & I can explain it better on the dog.

Mac
Last edited by MacV2 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:Just so we are all clear on this.....
:lol: :lol:

Brook Street Services, M25 J28/A12 that is at around 2 o clock (position that is, not time) on the M25. I believe the set off time is around 9 ish, so get there early for Coffee, Ciggie, Fuel or whatever else is needed. Then wer'e off down the A12.

(;-})
I'm very clear on this thanks, not too sure that you are though. Heading DOWN the A12 will have you in central London. :lol: Colchester is North east of London so most of us will be heading UP the A12.

Yes you are correct M25 J28 /A12, Brook Street services 3rd exit (the A1023 for Brentwood.) on the roundabout if coming off the A12 from Romford. ETA 8am for me,see you there.

Mac
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

MacV2 wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:

Storming dear Sir, not sure where you got J8 from that would be going way back for everyone! IT'S J28, which is Romford A12/M25 junction. The Brook Street services are on just off the roundabout, it's a triple decker type junction, A12 on the bottom, slip road up to a roundabout, 5 exits with M25 running over the top of the roundabout. From Romford you would need the 3rd exit which is the A1023 towards Brentwood. Hope that makes sense, but if not PM me a number & I can explain it better on the dog.

Mac
Niether did I :lol:

Junction 28 it is, I will send you my mobile number, incase.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Monday I am going to order some CCT gaskets if anyone wants a set let me know and I will order more from the shop, of course I'll want the money back on the day, but I think there only a couple of quid each.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

StormingHonda wrote:Monday I am going to order some CCT gaskets if anyone wants a set let me know and I will order more from the shop, of course I'll want the money back on the day, but I think there only a couple of quid each.
Or just use a smear of silicon, no gaskets needed as the surfaces are all nice and flat.
And you need the silicon on the manual bolt threads anyway.

But if you want to use gaskets, go ahead.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Simon-l

Post by Simon-l »

Having my muppet head on at the time :D I thought I was working next weekend which I'm not, so Im down for this.
Frank Fan Club Member 001
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

tony.mon wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:Monday I am going to order some CCT gaskets if anyone wants a set let me know and I will order more from the shop, of course I'll want the money back on the day, but I think there only a couple of quid each.
Or just use a smear of silicon, no gaskets needed as the surfaces are all nice and flat.

But if you want to use gaskets, go ahead.
Ordered gaskets today, I know silicon would be good enough, for £5 tho I dont mind paying to use gaskets.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I think that's so the thread does not work loose over time and to seal any small air gaps that might get through the thread. I will bring a tube of gasket seal with me just in case, as I have some in my shed. :wink:

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

You could have printed them out on gasket card and cut them out Blue Peter style

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 18&t=22285
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts