what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
KarlosVTR

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by KarlosVTR »

Lowered through yokes, made a shock spacer. Now I don't slide to the back of the seat when I give it the beans. Also it now handles as good as I remember my other one did. Started stripping the cbr wheel and done a deal on an nc35 front :D
chric

Post by chric »

just orderd new bits today rack and some bike trousers and rode it like I stole it :lol:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Went for a ride first thing this morning, went down the cafe and had breakfast, came home. Decided to do something with the bike........

Stripped the fairing off (for the first time!) unbolted clocks etc and removed the front fairing bracket. Gave it a quick wire brush to remove surface rust and sprayed it satin black. Had to super glue a bit of the plastic on the bottom bolt hole of clocks as it was broken. All these thing's I'm discovering about my new bike :roll:

While the fairing was of I pulled the front HT lead off to see if any of my plug spanners would fit to remove plug for inspection before my new Iridium ones arrive. Guess what! None of them would fit :problem: So need to get a plug spanner Doh! Anyone got any spare Honda ones? My bike did not come with the original toolkit, I'm keeping an eye out on fleabay.

While everything was off I WD40'd all the front end that I could not access before to give it a polish up. Gave the engine a squirt too I just love that smell when the engine runs :lol: I also had a nose for the front cct to see how hard that would be to change/adjust. Could not see the bloody thing. Thought about removing rads to check things out behind there. I like stripping things down and investigating stuff when it's new to me.

Put everything back together and gave the rest of the bike a quick polish over with WD, Could not be bothered by then with the autoglym. Then started her up to sniff some WD. :lol:

That will do otherwise it will be tomorrow by the time I post this. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Rode it Friday to work, cleaned it Saturday before cycling to cricket nets on Sunday...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I fitted the Goodridge brake lines and refurbed calipers to the front end and bled them off -

The clutch needed bleeding again, even though I took the lever out when I removed the slave cover (used as a colour match for the wheels).

I fitted a bracket to secure the vacume pipes for carb balancing -

Also fitted the new handlebars from SV Race parts -

Just waiting for some transparent shrink wrap, which is winging it's way from China, to wrap the flexible hoses for the oil lines. Then a quick service and the belly pan can go on and the FU**ING THING IS FINISHED. Well apart from setting up the front forks and rear shock.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

looking very nice now kev :thumbup:
just in time for the good weather :beer:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thanks Lloydie. The weather has been great for the weekend so really want the last bits to turn up to get on the road.
I am going to list a few of the bits I have taken off the bike, along with some I bought but either don't fancy or don't need any more.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Looking good there Kev, :thumbup:

Now get out and ride it :D
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

very nice kev, almost as nice as mine :lol:
a quality build fella :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bluestoesonnose

Post by bluestoesonnose »

Changed the kick start back to the original on, changed the oil and gave her a post winter clean, polish tomorrow night.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

didnt clean it, didnt feck about with it, didnt add any blingy shite, but did thrash the nads off it round derbyshire!! :twisted:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

marravtr wrote:didnt clean it, didnt feck about with it, didnt add any blingy shite, but did thrash the nads off it round derbyshire!! :twisted:
+1...... Well not Derbyshire, I committed noise crimes all round Warwickshire :D
AMcQ
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

AMCQ46 wrote:
marravtr wrote:didnt clean it, didnt feck about with it, didnt add any blingy shite, but did thrash the nads off it round derbyshire!! :twisted:
+1...... Well not Derbyshire, I committed noise crimes all round Warwickshire :D
:thumbup: good man! mine was singing her heart out :biggrin
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
gissmo50

Post by gissmo50 »

Made and fitted a 5mm spacer dropped the yokes 5mm down the forks and then took her out for a blast and wow what a difference it actually wants to go round corners now......
playerone

Post by playerone »

Bought another one, hopefully get it delivered next weekend when I'm back home 8)