RSV Mille swinger conversion?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Pyro

RSV Mille swinger conversion?

Post by Pyro »

Just had one of my crazy ideas- has anyone fitted an RSV Mille swingarm to a storm yet? Its a really nice gull shape, and I think would compliment the swoops of the frame nicely, anyone know a- has it been done, or b-is it even possible?
benny hedges

Re: RSV Mille swinger conversion?

Post by benny hedges »

m8 has the mille so i will have a look and see if its a goer....

i hate the design of the storm s/a but the more you dig, you'll find it was designed like that for a reason... the whole frame is designed to flex... honda call it 'active flex'
some found on the track that loosening the middle engine mount makes it work even better.... 8O

unless you have done other handling mods, just stiffening up the swing arm will probaly make it handle worse than standard... :think:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
balls

Post by balls »

Why dont u get a rsv 1000 I have a storm and a ape MEGA BIKE and there getting as cheep as a storm . never get rid of the storm though :D
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Why dont I buy a mille- the fact its made in Italy, assembled and wired by Italians is a few very good reasons!
Im not into trackdays or pushing grip levels and chassis flex on the A272, I just want a sweet looking noisy bike for having a giggle on. :wink:
929 fireblade forks and a new shock are on the cards, more because they look bling than me needing them, but I work daft hours and modding bikes keeps me sane. Fact. :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Everyone to their own Pyro. I have faffed about with mine because it gives me pleasure to do the work and pleasure to ride the bike once finished (if you can ever call them finished completely!). We all indulge in a little customisation to personalise the object of our desires, to a greater or lesser extent, so live and let live.
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
balls

Post by balls »

8O ouch
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

:D
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

[quote="Kev L"] pleasure to ride the bike once finished (if you can ever call them finished completely!)

Can't imagine mine will ever be finished.

I have enough little tests projects backed up to last me years...

Mind you, getting it to a stage where the coolant doesn't fall out as fast as you pour it in would be an advantage just at the moment. :thumbdown:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

its a shame the Storms was never a work of art, sure they could have made a swinger with flex that looked a bit more sexy than the square thing it came with, I love the 954's swinger would be fantastic to see that used tho probably not possible
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033