what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
bluestoesonnose

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by bluestoesonnose »

Degreased all the winter protection off and polished up the Tank, guards and wheels, got black hands now
dragonback

Post by dragonback »

very neat , i like that :Rock:
DOES THIS RAG SMELL LIKE CHLOROFORM TO YOU ?
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Rode it , loved it sun was blazing ,scared a old biddy again exhaust pop at lights , :lol: :lol: no lie she was using a zimma crossing on my green light and if looks could kill id be dead :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
So funny I almost weeeeeeeeeeeeeeed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: she called me a Richard hed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Loud pipes save lives!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Nice to hear you have been having fun there Vtrkidda, making the most out the sun. You wanna be careful though! you could have given her a heart attack. :lol: :lol:

Not done much with mine today apart from remove the single bar end weight I had. And that was a bit of a challenge, not seen one like that before. The whole bit inside the tube of the clip on was spinning as I tried to undo. :thumbdown:

Ended up sticking a screwdriver in to stop it spinning :lol: somebody has done a bodge in the past :thumbdown: I might need to replace the clipons one day or can I just get replacement parts for the inside bits that the weights screw in to?

Gonna get some R&G's I think....

My Iridium plugs turned up today, gonna wait for the K&N to turn up and then put it all in. Got to go halfrauds and get plug spanner as well. Just ordered some new grips! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200669080693? ... 1497.l2649

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Ive got grips similar to them and found out the fancy plastic ends catch your thottle tube if you tighten your bar end weights to much, this caused my throttle to stop returning after you throttle down ,king benny of hedges sorted this buy a simple nut as a spacer to pack the bar end out a we bit :thumbup:
Loud pipes save lives!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's something I will have to take into consideration when fitting, may use some washers to pack out a couple of mm. I noticed even the standard rubber grip when but up tight against the brake lever body gives me a sticky throttle. I have just given it a little tug away in the past which solves it. Not gonna be as easy with the metal ring. May just have to let the grips stick out a bit further at the the ends, then attach the bar ends up as flush as they go. :thumbup:

Ride Safe

Z28DUNC

Post by Z28DUNC »

Got a Airblade Double bubble screen of fleabay and some red anodised screen bolts. 8)

Anyway heres what it looked like before

new screen on top of old for comparison

Fitted, bit blurry, camera phones not great.

Bit of a bugger to get to sit right but I think it looks good. :D
templ8

Post by templ8 »

Finished painting my new wheels, fitted and polished the new headlight cowling, fitted new fabbri red db screen and been out for a run on it.

Got to clean the flies off my leathers, helmet and bike now :evil:
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Covered the bike in flies

170miles worth :lol: :lol: :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

took the fairings off for the first time, i thought it would be very difficult, but it turned out to be not to bad, i figured out why my front indicators wouldn't fit, i didn't have the infil panels fitted....doh
i also met supermac and borrowed a battery and some indi's
thanks for that mac :thumbup:
i was surprised how good he looked in his lycra super hero outfit :lol:
i also topped up the oil, lubed the chain, fitted a rear reflector, i fitted a couple of led bulbs to the dash, and finally i rubbed down and sprayed my spare 16ltr petrol tank matt black......
i'm knackered now
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

My K&N Filter turned up this morning, so fitted new plugs and filter. While I was at it I took the airbox right off and had good look at the carbs (visually) and all the other bits I could not see. This was the first time I had the airbox off!
I then fiited fitted a brass screw in the vacuum hole and ran a vacuum pipe to a convienient location. Getting the allen key bolt out and putting that screw in was a right fiddly little fu...er, good job I got nibble fingers, only took me about 15mins that screw :lol: Did'nt get round to doing the rear one as I could not decide where to cut the pipe and put the T peice in. I'm open to suggestions :idea:
Got the bike all back together started her up and it sounded rough, doh, lifted the tank up and realised I forget to connect one of ny vacuum hoses. Simple fix, re attached and everything worked fekking great. O yeh, I also took out that plastic bar out the airbox to see if that makes a differance. Then I went out for a burn up across town only to find out that loads of petrol stations have got no fuel. And the city traffic was shite.

Some pics:
Air filter out

Carbs coverd

And that blasted screw, Grrrrrr
Image(sorry blurry mobile phone pic)

agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your

Post by agentpineapple »

templ8 wrote:Finished painting my new wheels, fitted and polished the new headlight cowling, fitted new fabbri red db screen and been out for a run on it.

Got to clean the flies off my leathers, helmet and bike now :evil:
very red buddy :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

last night i coated my 6 spokes in paint stripper. proper industrial stuff that does contain dichloromethane AFTER finding out new nitromors is totally sh1t!

now i have some sexy bare 6 spokes nearly ready for paint
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

what colour you going for buddy?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

ford graphite grey metallic. i still want the factory look.

a layer of acid etch, bit of a flat, nothing much, then on with the top coat and laquer. it matches the engine cases and rocker covers too. so they will be getting painted up with it.