So given the choice...

General Bike chat
vtryorks

So given the choice...

Post by vtryorks »

Would you buy a early model storm...or...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1976-YAMAHA-F ... 8536105276

Blimey, historic (MAYBE) or not, thats one god awful looking heap.
VTRDark

Re: So given the choice...

Post by VTRDark »

I remember them the fastest 50cc you could get at the time. And now look how much it's worth, wombles me. That is imaculate by the looks of it and should be in a musium out of respect :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Opel

Post by Opel »

cybercarl wrote:I remember them the fastest 50cc you could get at the time.
Please take this the right way... but have you got alzheimer's? :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You should not joke about things like that, my father's got alzheimer's. It's a very horrible disease?
Opel

Post by Opel »

cybercarl wrote:You should not joke about things like that, my father's got alzheimer's. It's a very horrible disease?
Indeed… I had an uncle who suffered, and died at the age of 46 with the mind of a child.

But on a lighter note... and to jog your memory, the FS1e was so far from being the fastest 50. I think it could only just manage to beat the SS50… but then again, what do I know?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Doh! I thought I was gonna have one over you there.
But on a lighter note... and to jog your memory, the FS1e was so far from being the fastest 50. I think it could only just manage to beat the SS50… but then again, what do I know?
I don't recall the SS50. So the FS1 beat it then :lol:

I personally never had one myself, but a few mates did and they seemed to be the thing to get at the time. I was lucky enough to be a year older so my first bike was an old RD125 Twin, the previous one to the LC.

Rise Safe

vtryorks

Post by vtryorks »

A turd is a turd is a turd. No such thing as a fast 50. Everything about it sucks :P
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

vtryorks wrote:A turd is a turd is a turd. No such thing as a fast 50. Everything about it sucks :P
There speaks a modern X Box, playstation youff. Back in the era of Dinosaurs sportsmopeds were THE entertainment. Being able to travel at 40-50ish was the pinacle of excitement. I still have a FS1-EA and a GT250M Suzuki just to remind me.
You kids today don't know your born, I tell you.
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
vtryorks

Post by vtryorks »

Im 32 lol. I think the only games console back then was an Atari 2600 or a ping pong game lol

I admit i wanted a 50cc scrambler when I was a kid, but that thing still looks like they forgot to put the engine in... lol
lloydie

So given the choice...

Post by lloydie »

It has an engine I thought it was a peddle box lol
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

seems funny seeing it now but for the three months of riding a raleigh runabout untill i got mine in late dec 1976 i couldnt sleep at night dreaming about getting a fizzy.
ok at the time but frankly disappointing. regularly burnt up by honda 50 crunch and decimated by my mates fantic ( and ap50,s)

:beer:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

sportsmopeds were THE entertainment. Being able to travel at 40-50ish
Don't you know it. :lol:

And I was modding my bike back then. Hi Tech Reeds (not trainers) Allspeed Exhaust.... That RD was mad, 1 cylinder used to be intermitent which I could never resolve. I'd be going full throttle leaning into the bends and all of the sudden the second cylinder would cut in and the thing shot of like VTECH, left my mates standing. :lol: