Public

General Biker Banter
vtryorks

Re: Public

Post by vtryorks »

Wouldnt you offering vocally and then them offering their arm to find yours be considered consent?

Not wanting to wade into a debate on a subject I know very little about although, I would have thought the act of them offering their arm (as opposed to you grabbing it), would be an indication of consent.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Did you read my previous post mate? Common sense has very little to do with anything fella!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

we done diversity training where i work and it was put over as a catalyst to start debate but there was a lot of BS involved, my oldest daughter is a primary school teacher and she tells me bits and bobs of the stuff she does.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
oldbikeman

Post by oldbikeman »

BT bust my internet just after I've got rid of Talk Talk
ps never let them get your bank details.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i remember about 10 years ago picking up an elderly woman in central london and taking her to fulham (all dressed up going to a dinner party if i remember correctly) in my taxi, she was a very well spoken lady (silver spoon and what not) oh and she was a bit over weight bless her. anyway we get to the destination but because of parked cars on both sides of the road, i'm unable to park near a kerb, now this causes her problems because of her restricted mobility, so as a kind and caring cabby, i offer her help to exit the taxi, you might think i offered her my hand or arm to hold, oh no, i gave her a firemans lift to the kerb :lol: :lol: :lol:
bloody hell was she surprised, but to give her credit she didn't complain. although i think she was a bit embarassed, by this cockney herbert lifting her up and carrying her 10 yards down the road :thumbup:
i doubt i would do it now because people just aren't the same and i'd probably get in trouble with the pco......... :roll:

i think the turkey/spain/cyprus and alike have got the right idea, if you trip and fall over a badly layed paving stone, then you should have bloody well looked where you were going, now bugger off!!!!!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Vtrkidda wrote:You cant get on site now with out a cscs card then a safety induction and now there changing the cscs to something else 8O
They want you to do a gnvq level card that lasts one year for a trade person IE tiler, joiner what ever you are

Ive always just gone for a operatives card that lasts 5 years but from this week After the rules change I must have the card for my trade :lol:

and this will mean ill be a terazzo/ marble professional :lol: :lol: :lol:
But people are working around sites who dont even speak English, therefore couldnt pass any English based test.

Don't get me started :Argue 1:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
playerone

Post by playerone »

leevtr wrote:
But people are working around sites who dont even speak English, therefore couldnt pass any English based test.

Don't get me started :Argue 1:
and the railway aint any better, I've been fortunate and never been in the position but heard some stories of the COSS (controller of site safety) hardly being able to speak english and he's supposed to give u a brief before work starts to ensure everyone knows the essential information, like line speeds, direction of traffic, nearest hospital, position of safety when a train comes...........it's a bloody joke