Hello!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
speedysocks

Hello!

Post by speedysocks »

Hi Guys...Just thought it would be polite to post here first and say hi :D
I have a 98 VTR (in desperate need of a repaint which I shall be doing shortly!!) Hope to speak to you all soon!
lloydie

Hello!

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome
Repaint mmmrrr lots of colours to choose from :) but only one will make it faster :)
Have a good read through the workshop knowledge base section regarding ccts and r/r and also rear suspension bearings/ linkages as they are all known to fail :)
Flatline

Re: Hello!

Post by Flatline »

Welcome aboard buddy
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Welcome aboard!

Looking forward to seeing your new yellow paint work :biggrin
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Welcome to the forum mate. :wave: Just out of interest, which is your colour of choice for the respray? ( This should put the cat amongst the pigeons.... :twisted: )
chris vtr virgin

Post by chris vtr virgin »

Welcome speedysocks
Great bunch on here
:wave: :wave:
Some twins have all the fun !!!!
speedysocks

Post by speedysocks »

turbo_billy wrote:Welcome to the forum mate. :wave: Just out of interest, which is your colour of choice for the respray? ( This should put the cat amongst the pigeons.... :twisted: )
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!! As for colour I've had a long think about it and got my mind set on a metallic burnt orange with pearlescent white numberboards front and rear??? Not set in stone yet but that's my thoughts at the minute?? :D
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome, the orange sounds good :thumbup:
AMcQ
edds11

Post by edds11 »

hello speedy, new myself, e wealth of NON misleading information, a change from some forums
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

Another orange one :thumbup: there is a god (eh Lloydie) :lol: Welcome aboard my friend youv made a monumentous decision to join this moth eaten bunch of so and so's :shifty: They seem like there heart's are in the rite place and for that i cant fault em :clap:
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
lloydie

Hello!

Post by lloydie »

darrenmartin wrote:Another orange one :thumbup: there is a god (eh Lloydie) :lol: Welcome aboard my friend youv made a monumentous decision to join this moth eaten bunch of so and so's :shifty: They seem like there heart's are in the rite place and for that i cant fault em :clap:
innit :)
seb421

Post by seb421 »

speedysocks wrote:Hi Guys...Just thought it would be polite to post here first and say hi :D
I have a 98 VTR (in desperate need of a repaint which I shall be doing shortly!!) Hope to speak to you all soon!
Looks good in the little pic mate? >

welcome
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hello and welcome buddy, i almost had my bike sprayed orange with black stripes..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
speedysocks

Post by speedysocks »

The Repsol job whats on her at the minute looks ok in the pic guys but is REALLY poor lol......the green sections haven't been flatted properly and have been painted with rattle cans from the local pound shop I think....just a bit tatty around the edges will be sorting the old girl out pretty soon in next few weeks or so with a fresh powder coat on the wheels and paint job etc...I thought the orange looked ace as you don't see many in that colour...that being said, I had my mind pretty much made up til I saw pics of Benny Hedges White Storm...hmmmm....you have a lot to answer for Benny my friend lol... :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i think vtwinpower has probably got the sweetest white storm at the mo, just imho mind.....

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 30&t=23494

funny enough this is how my colour choices went
1st was white with black frame, like benny's
2nd orange with black stripes
3rd was the late model tahitian blue which is what i chose in the end.
i got my bike fully resprayed by a pro, 10 pieces of bodywork for £550, it was donr by a guy in east ham east london, but i did supply the paint so it would probably be a little bit more than that, he did a very good job indeed, as soon as i've fitted it all i'll post some pictures.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!