Carburator loads up after doing stoppie?

General Bike chat
haulinbutt

Carburator loads up after doing stoppie?

Post by haulinbutt »

I have a 1999 Supper Hawk 996 . Now that i have mastered my wheelies , i started practicing some stoppies , which i have seemed to pick up on fairly quickly .

But after i have enjoyed the extreme rush of risking bodily injury after being hammered into the asphalt like a nail , my carburator or possibly carburator's seem to flood or load up with to much fuel , causing the bike to miss and loose power .
After a good throttling and a hard city block.It straightens right out and i'm good to go.
The bike is completly stock and i was wondering if maybe rejetting the carbs or installing some type of baffel type gismo in the carbs would remmidy this overload.
I also plan on building a 12:00 bar for the back and am almost sure when up in that position i will have the same or similar problem . Anyone have any idea's or sollutions .
I would be gratfull , at least untill i busted my A_ _ then i might regret your input .
Thank's
Don't talk to me , untill i've had my morning Rocket Rush !
BP team

Post by BP team »

hi,
i remember there was a subject giving a solution to change the pipes in the carbs...
there was piccs too, but i don't find it now. if'you've got the time, try to use search on the top of the page.

oliv'
BP team

Post by BP team »

this was this subject but the piccs are over. may be you can try to reach stormin ben...

http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/phpBB2 ... carburator
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Here it is Bud
http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/gallery/598.jpg

Not the best of pics but you should get the general idea :wink:

Pete.l