Two or more bikes.

General Biker Banter

I own more than 1 bike because

I need a commuter bike, and dont want to mess the other one up.
16%
I have one for trackdays, and the other to use for work and other stuff.
No votes
I just collect bikes and can't stop.
44%
Other.
40%

Total votes: 25

Beamish

Re: Two or more bikes.

Post by Beamish »

AMCQ46 wrote:I have 4 bikes, but they are all for very different things, and I was not sure if I should class competition dirts bikes as "track day bikes" so I went for the more honest answer that I just collect them because I cant help myself!

#1 Firestorm for fast road fun, trackdays, touring and everything but commuting, I am the 3rd owner of this 13yrold bike and have had it for 10yrs even though it sat unused for a number of years when my passion moved to greenlaning, and Enduros.
#2 2003 GasGas EC200 Enduro [road legal motocrosser, watercooled 200cc 2 stroke competition bike, WP forks, Ohlins shock] I grew up on a farm and I have always ridden dirt bikes, so when I gave up roadracing I started greenlaning and for many yrs that was my only form of motorcycleing, till I bought the Storm and still had the offroader. had 3 or 4 2nd hand enduro bikes, then the GG I have owned from new. It had 3 hard yrs of use till foot & mouth and NERC hit the greenlanes and after that it just comes out a few time to play, because bike #3 turned up and I had a new hobbie!
#3 2006 GasGas TXT Pro 250 Trials bike, watercooled 250cc 2 stroke, only weighs 75kg and has no seat!... only got into trials 3yrs ago, and that became the main bike hobby and sundays were spent riding competitions on that............it is one of the most fun & low cost motorcycle sports, dont know why it took me till I was 45 to try it, it also teaches you many lessons on grip and throttle control & balance that can be used on any bike!............doing it less now as the Storm is back in favour, but still fun to go out and humble myself in a competition now and then.
#4 1976 KH125 [air cooled, 2 stroke, disc valve single] garage find and restored for local journeys and "just nipping out to get some bits from xxx" type journeys, and also looking after some historic old relic for future generations :D . never fails to put a smile on my face as you get to ride it with the throttle to the stop everywhere.

I find my passion & focus moves every 3 yrs, so soon I predict that I wll be riding the Storm less and will be back greenlaning, but I know that in 3ys it will all move round again so why bother selling any of the bikes, as they are all worth more to me than I could ever get selling them!

And you give me grief for buying bikes? :thumbup:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I dont even have a pushbike as a second bike.

I'd love a little Hornet or Bandit for a work horse but if we were to have another vehicle in the Pinky house it would have to be a car for Mrs Pinky to get around in. I cant drive one of those horrible things and she cant ride a bike. She does drop the ole "you could sell the bike and buy a car and learn to drive, it would be far more practical" but she just gets "the look".
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

I got 3 bikes
Firestorms used the most at moment, got it from Mr Mon. Its Red and red ones go faster lol, which I aint done much to yet but just worked out my company owes me possible 2k in back overtime, hoping to get it this month and get some bits lol

Got a GSXR750 wr one of the original water cooled gixers is the iconic white and blue and mine happens to be the SPR model with all the magnesium casings, but the previous owner had the FCR's away and fitted normal carbs.

And a 1979 Kwak SR650 which was the slightly customised Z650, well apart from mine is no where near standed, cranks been lightened, carrilo rods, cases honed to take a 810 cc big bore kit, port polished and gas flowed head, stage 2 kent cams, stage 3 dyno kit, pod filters, vance and hines straight through, bower ignition, strengthened frame, dreep brace jmc swing arm no chain guard as pillion pegs removed and no indicators to much weight and its all on a kick start is bloody good fun thou.

Just need a yamaha now and I got the jap set, TRX850 here I come
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

i seen a few trx850 at the pub last night and they sound as good as the storm and look good to .
but it was parked next to a ducati 888 super bike that i couldn't take my eyes off :D
Rob

Post by Rob »

Bought the Firestorm new 10 years ago.

It's been great but decided it was time for something new. As the Firestorm is a bit untidy after using it through a few winters I decided it wasn't worth selling.

So when I got my new bike I kept it. Been commuting on it this week (65 miles/day) and I still love it :D

So as I tried to explain to my wife, no, I don't need 2 bikes, but I'm NOT selling the Firestorm for peanuts as it's incredibly reliable - and 8O quite economical if you have a relaxed commute.

Haven't thought of a decent excuse for having 2 cars yet though :oops:
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
SPIV

Post by SPIV »

SP1 & a Storm ...
'cause I fookin'
love V Twins ..
Simples ! :mrgreen:
:boobs:
geoff996

Post by geoff996 »

2 storms an ap50 (till tuesday) :wave: and a yz80 had this for 6/7 years still in the same condition as when i brought it non runner. Looking to sell my moriwaki rep firestorm then i'll get a 900 hornet or 1200 bandit, fazer 1000. Then I'll crack on with project VTR CAFERACER!!! :thumbup:
RIDE TO ENJOY
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Dont get a 1200 bandit or 900 Hornet, Had a 900 Hornet. On the Hornet 900 the Fuel range isnt good, like the storm, the engine is detuned to hell and the build quality is quite poo and people who own them think they are worth money even tho no one wants to buy them ( I had hell selling mine and ended up swapping it ).

The 1200 Blandits are really outdated now, badly, I rode one for quite a while and took it back to the shop and got a 600 Hornet instead.

Can't comment on the Fazer 1000, never had one.

But my mates Kawasaki Z1000, apart from some of the parts quality, that bike was MENTAL, would highly recommend.
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Only got the one but thinking of getting a 250 nsr rs tzr ect.... 2 stroke not sure yet wanted a ducati next year but cant bring myself to get rid of my storm ,im just going to mod it to death :clap: :clap: :clap:
Loud pipes save lives!
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

I've still got my first big road bike - '94 Honda CBR600FRE, last of the steel framed.
Rode it for years, anywhere and everywhere. Never came off it - apart from an embarrassing loss of footing in the car park at work which left me pinned under the side (saving the paintwork!) and having to use my mobile to ring the office to get someone to lift it off me!
Very fond memories of riding that bike. First knee down, first proper crap myself wheelie (came up so fast off the clutch, the tank winded me when it hit me in the guts!).

Was quite happy riding that until a friend of mine had to sell his 'storm (punishment for getting engaged), so at 18 months old and under 3k on the clock, I bought his storm, and forgot to do anything with the CBR6!

And within 3 months I'd thrown myself over the handle bars fractured my wrist, half cooked my butt cheek through friction through my trousers and messed the bike up. Fixed bike, rode it for a bit (bit more frightened than before!), then there was a crap summer where I never got it on the road and it stayed in the corner of the garage (with the CBR6 for company) and it just ended up sitting there, until this year when I got a new job 15 miles from home where my route is almost all back lanes. Fed up with sitting behind old farts at <40mph and not being able to pass them in my old 4 wheel tin box, the bike bug bit back!

(Is it me or have the roads got noticeably worse in the last 5 years? I feel I should put knobblies on for some of these so-called roads!).

So I'm a Honda collector :-)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

(Is it me or have the roads got noticeably worse in the last 5 years? I feel I should put knobblies on for some of these so-called roads!).
Not only have the state of the roads got worse, but there is an increase in traffic. Maybe a Gatling gun on the front fender will help. :lol: :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

cybercarl wrote:
Not only have the state of the roads got worse, but there is an increase in traffic. Maybe a Gatling gun on the front fender will help. :lol: :lol:
Now Carl, that's just silly... It would leave shards of metal all over the road in front of you.

Mount the Gatling under the seat pointing backwards!

Perfect for Audi drivers too.