Summer Trip.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

leevtr

Summer Trip.

Post by leevtr »

Got ferry booked for July 10th, with all intentions of riding to Mugello Motogp.

Seeing all the chaos on the trains yesterday, and knowing the roads will be shite, got me thinking of changing for July 27th, and get outta dodge during the Olympics. Plus the fact that Hotels near the track are like rocking horse poop, and getting in from surrounding areas will be harder than getting a pint out of a Scotsman. Apparently it's absolute bedlam come race weekend.

Would love to be there, but don't know if I can be bothered with a. The Chaos there, and b. The chaos here.

Anyone been in recent years to confirm or otherwise ??

Ta
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
cupasoop
Site Admin

Re: Summer Trip.

Post by cupasoop »

Why don't you camp at Mugello? We camped there about 5 years ago coz it was cheaper than hotels and we had a right laugh, the tallys are all nuts. If you go remember to take a scooter with you to set on fire in the middle of the night. Also take with you anything that makes a hell of a noise.....exhaustless firestorms are encouraged (and so are burnouts in the middle of the beer tent).
Rich.

leevtr

Post by leevtr »

cupasoop wrote:Why don't you camp at Mugello? We camped there about 5 years ago coz it was cheaper than hotels and we had a right laugh, the tallys are all nuts. If you go remember to take a scooter with you to set on fire in the middle of the night. Also take with you anything that makes a hell of a noise.....exhaustless firestorms are encouraged (and so are burnouts in the middle of the beer tent).
Sounds messy !! :beer: :beer: :beer:
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

leevtr wrote:
cupasoop wrote:Why don't you camp at Mugello? We camped there about 5 years ago coz it was cheaper than hotels and we had a right laugh, the tallys are all nuts. If you go remember to take a scooter with you to set on fire in the middle of the night. Also take with you anything that makes a hell of a noise.....exhaustless firestorms are encouraged (and so are burnouts in the middle of the beer tent).
Sounds messy !! :beer: :beer: :beer:
Did you book camping in advance, and am I right to assume they let you take the bike onto the campsite ??
Cheers
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

We booked the camping when we bought the tickets but I'm pretty sure you could arrange it at the gate, there's plenty of space in there. The campsite was just a sea of tents, bikes and campervans. Most of the Itallians turn up in campervans rented for the weekend. They pack them with barbecuing equipment and scooters (both of which they set fire to and destroy) and all go home on Sunday after the race. We woke up on Monday morning and almost had the entire place to ourselves, everyone else had left. It's a lovely, lovely place and I hope to go back again one day.
Rich.

leevtr

Post by leevtr »

cupasoop wrote:We booked the camping when we bought the tickets but I'm pretty sure you could arrange it at the gate, there's plenty of space in there. The campsite was just a sea of tents, bikes and campervans. Most of the Itallians turn up in campervans rented for the weekend. They pack them with barbecuing equipment and scooters (both of which they set fire to and destroy) and all go home on Sunday after the race. We woke up on Monday morning and almost had the entire place to ourselves, everyone else had left. It's a lovely, lovely place and I hope to go back again one day.
I know its 20 questions mate, but where did you book the tickets mate ?? I can easily book a weekend pass on motogp website, but nothing says camping included.

Thanks again :thumbup:
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

It was one of the other lads that went who bought all the tickets but he went through the mugello website http://www.mugellocircuit.it/en/the-cir ... fice-.html. There's a contact us button so you can ask them about the camping, and a link to buy the tickets.
Rich.

leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Cheers matey. Just emailed them, hopefully by the time I get home from work I'll have the answers.