TT 2012

Any racing related stuff
seahorsehamilton

TT 2012

Post by seahorsehamilton »

Took the orange beastie out for a run to the grandstand today to watch the racing. Mr Mc Guinness came first again ..hey ho , Cameron Donald 2nd and Bruce Ansty 3rd. It was good the take the VTR out again, it felt so small after riding the Harley for the last 6 months. The island is buzzing right now , it just comes to life with all the bikes then goes back to it's sleepy self until the Manx Gp in August. we have been blessed with great weather for the festival, fingers crossed it lasts for next week's racing. Annie from Ramsey.
agentpineapple

Re: TT 2012

Post by agentpineapple »

i think your bike was on tv the other day, at the start of one of the tt preview programmes.... :thumbup:
do you know anyone on the island that sold a full race exhaust for a storm last year, it might have had something to do with the iom honda dealer?
i bought it and i'm trying to find out its history....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just watched today's racing. Absolutely phenomenal, ultimate respect for the way those guys ride them bikes. :clap: :clap:

Loving the slow mo's, watching the eyes of Guy (looks like he's on acid) and the tyres flexing, suspension travel and wot not. Incredible.

Gonna take me ages to fall asleep, I feel wired now. :lol:

@seahorsehamilton Welcome to the forum. Hang around and join in on the fun. :thumbup:
:beer: :beer: :beer:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Don't forget to watch out for the birds!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... 70mph.html

lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

bad day for the seagull!

heres a daft question for you?! ...... are the white lines on the isle of man different to normal?

i always avoid them on country roads when i,m getting a move on ( about 50% of the speed mc guinness goes at) so how come those lads cut over them at about 140 without a flinch??

just wondered.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Very big balls. :lol: :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

tankslappa wrote:Don't forget to watch out for the birds!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... 70mph.html

is that the new iom fast food drive through :thumbup:
edds11

Post by edds11 »

the ones we have are reflective paint, (have small beads of glass in them) they have to be laid fairly thick so you get a good layer of glass for the reflection, this makes them bumpy and hard, hence the massive squirm when wet. On the circuit they are just paint (non reflective). hope it answers. Iam sure someone will correct me :thumbup: if this is not scientifically accurate
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

edds11 wrote:the ones we have are reflective paint, (have small beads of glass in them) they have to be laid fairly thick so you get a good layer of glass for the reflection, this makes them bumpy and hard, hence the massive squirm when wet. On the circuit they are just paint (non reflective). hope it answers. Iam sure someone will correct me :thumbup: if this is not scientifically accurate

makes sense..
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
seahorsehamilton

Our white lines are flat and there are very few cats eyes, they even remove the mini roundabouts for racing. The only real probs on the circuit are pot holes , lumps , bumps , walls trees telegraph poles etc etc . not forgetting low flying birds ( the seagull was taken to the mspca hospital for a slightly injured wing and is doing well!! :lol: I dont think the orange beastie was on tv , as I had to park outside the competitors enclosure and walk...bloomin bikes everywhere! Had to watch the racing last night from the grandstand at work, which we built, didnt get home til nearly 9pm , great to watch from there though as I was about 4ft away from oncoming racers and it's great for photography. happy days and praying for dry race days. Annie
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

is it just me or is the audio on ITV4 out of synch with the video? It's starting to drive me nuts and the more I think about the worse it gets. Could just be a condition I have!!
templ8

Post by templ8 »

BigVeeGrin wrote:is it just me or is the audio on ITV4 out of synch with the video? It's starting to drive me nuts and the more I think about the worse it gets. Could just be a condition I have!!
It's driving me nuts too !!
seahorsehamilton

templ8 wrote:
BigVeeGrin wrote:is it just me or is the audio on ITV4 out of synch with the video? It's starting to drive me nuts and the more I think about the worse it gets. Could just be a condition I have!!
It's driving me nuts too !!
Must be the time difference, we are still stuck in the 1950's here, still got the horse and cart!
seahorsehamilton

seahorsehamilton wrote:Took the orange beastie out for a run to the grandstand today to watch the racing. Mr Mc Guinness came first again ..hey ho , Cameron Donald 2nd and Bruce Ansty 3rd. It was good the take the VTR out again, it felt so small after riding the Harley for the last 6 months. The island is buzzing right now , it just comes to life with all the bikes then goes back to it's sleepy self until the Manx Gp in August. we have been blessed with great weather for the festival, fingers crossed it lasts for next week's racing. Annie from Ramsey.
Erm what has gone wrong with the weather??? No racing today and tomorrow they will be searching for marshals as some will have already left! Still, at least I only have to work 8am til 10 am then i can get home before they close the roads and I will be able to watch from the Gooseneck..yaaaayyyyy! unless it rains of course!