Slipping on seat cure?

General Bike chat
chric

Slipping on seat cure?

Post by chric »

Slipping on seat cure?
Ok so I keep slideing down seat and bashing my balls :lol:
And to be honest getting on my nerves now it's as though my privates are always crushed against tank permanent is there a soloution like better seat gippy stuff help much appreciated as I want to tour lakes this year some time
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
agentpineapple

Re: Slipping on seat cure?

Post by agentpineapple »

you could go down the same route as me mate, eats loads of shite food until your 20+ stone and then there isn't any room to slip down the seat :lol: :lol: :lol:
otherwise just get your seat recovered with a grippy material....its your choice :Shock1:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Try stomp grip on the tank. Gripping the tank with your thighs is the correct way to make sure you don't slip down the seat, but if you are sliding that much it sounds like someone has polished it, so might be worth using some degreasing wipes totry and clean the silicon off.
AMcQ
chric

Post by chric »

Im 19stone 6lb at last weigh in so nearly there :lol:
But on a diet need to lose 3-4 stone so training hard at gym non of this lifting weights shite running and kicking and stuff :lol:
But yes what and where is there marty for recovers used to be one go to rufforth market near york but he as not been for ages and lost is card
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I use Tony Archer.

http://www.tonyarcher.co.uk/
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

sounds like someone has polished it, so might be worth using some degreasing wipes totry and clean the silicon off.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I had a similar problem on my Fazer though it was rarely cleaned. I had the vinyl on the seat re-covered with some more grippy stuff which solved it. :wink:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Stop bleeding cleaning everything in sight!! I have the same seat covering as yours and don't have any problems. I do wear leathers but knowing your penchant for cleaning I would suggest leaving the seat out of your regime.
Other than that velcro pads on your butt and seat! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
chric

Post by chric »

AMCQ46 wrote:Try stomp grip on the tank. Gripping the tank with your thighs is the correct way to make sure you don't slip down the seat, but if you are sliding that much it sounds like someone has polished it, so might be worth using some degreasing wipes totry and clean the silicon off.
it seems to be a problem i have had with a few bikes i have had must have a funny shaped elbow or some thing.
But i'll give it a try with some apc cleaner see if that helps and ill have a look at that storm grip as im strarting to marr my tank with my legs now :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'm sure someone will come up with the info on a upholsterer, theres a few knocking around, theres supposed to be one in east london , i think seb knows of someone up tut norf who does it.
believe it or not i'm on a diet aswell mate, i've lost a stone or so in the last month, i've just got another 7 or 8 to go........queue the jokes and sarky comments :lol:

stomp grips don't do a firestorm option, so the best thing to do is to buy there universal grips and cut them to fit.....iirc about £40
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
chric

Post by chric »

Kev L wrote:Stop bleeding cleaning everything in sight!! I have the same seat covering as yours and don't have any problems. I do wear leathers but knowing your penchant for cleaning I would suggest leaving the seat out of your regime.
Other than that velcro pads on your butt and seat! :lol:
it cant be that I use a speacial shampoo from switzerland on it wax free there's enough wax on tank though to shoot me off bike like a bullet though 5 layers now :oops: :lol:

But you can get it from leeds so it's not that speacial
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I can't believe anyone on here would be cruel enough to bring unwanted attention to your holiday pounds mate. Must have been some holiday though!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
chric

Post by chric »

AMCQ46 wrote:I use Tony Archer.

http://www.tonyarcher.co.uk/
nice one :thumbup: :thumbup:
I'll drop it off next time i do colne or cheshire oaks in van and have a chat with him.
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Get your seat re-covered in more gripy stuff, try this guy he did mine, he's a sound guy and does a good job.

http://www.caulfieldleather.co.uk/contact.html

Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!

Post by Image »

Buy that rubber netting stuff that people use for their car dashboards to stop items slipping off. I don't have the same problem as you but my pillions do so I've put it on there and it's stopped the problem.