Fecking Minicab drivers

General Biker Banter
firestorm1997

Fecking Minicab drivers

Post by firestorm1997 »

A mate was taken off his bike last night by an asshole "Addison Lee" driver who decided to drive in to the back of my mate, punt him off his bike and the drive off,.
my mate is ok other than a few broken bones and some nasty gravel rash. not wearing leathers. He is going to be ok but his bike is scrap metel now.
I always give "Green Badge" holders as we call them a very wide bearth as most are from far away places where transport is usually in the shape of an elephant or similar four legged animal and rules do not apply.
:twisted: We are all now looking for an Addison Lee Ford Galaxy with near side front damage in or around London. I swear if I see it the driver might wish he had not been born..
VTRDark

Re: Fecking Minicab drivers

Post by VTRDark »

Those Addison Lee mini cab drivers are tossars, I have yet to see a good one. Sorry to hear about your mate. So the driver done a runner then :twisted: Was there witnesses or did anyone get the number. I also give them a wide berth when I see them.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

are there any cameras that might have caught it?
i'll keep my eyes open aswell, what colour was your mates bike, maybe theres some paint transfer. you should call addison lee and threaten them with police action and tell them you'll be going to the press, you never know.
and please don't call them green badges, thats a term for us genuine taxi drivers..... :lol:
i hope your mates ok dude :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

You have to watch out for taxi drivers some of them are nutters :shifty:
Loud pipes save lives!
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

Vtrkidda wrote:You have to watch out for taxi drivers some of them are nutters :shifty:
:twisted: only when im trying to earn some money! :lol: oh and i shift over for the bikes :thumbup: and hog the middle of the road when ive got boy racers, bmw drivers and scooter boys up me chuff!
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Down here in Portsmouth we are building new roads to run beside the taxi driver owned roads that tend to cover Portsmouth. Works out cheaper than the insurance claims and man hours A&E and police use to scrape up after.

One of the taxi drivers play snooker in our club regularly almost had me off the bike on Saturday. When he turned up in work the conversation went like this:

Me: Saw you today.
Him: Where?
ME: Just off Commercial Road between the 2 big roundabouts.
Him: [insert blank look]
Me: You pulled out of a street beside a pub.
Him: I didnt see you.
Me: I know. I had to swerve around the front of your car to get past.

juggler!
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
boz

Post by boz »

Bad drivers come in all forms. I was a mini cab driver in both south and east London for 12 years and yes, some of my colleagues were terminally dangerous but some were not; enjoying the status of professional, courteous drivers. I came across many categories of nutter idiots on the job, the worst to me being bike couriers (motorbike and peddle bike) and white van man. I had many jobs to the west end and LAP and even came across some black cab drivers with no road manners (never met BSM though). Point is, we can't generalise when it comes to irresponsible tossas on the road. It takes all sorts. London is a dangerous dog eat dog place to drive/ride full stop.
CBR900rr Fireblade
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Just a thought, is it not worth getting in contact with Addison lee and see if you can track the driver down, or get the police involved, leaving the scence of an accident is a criminal offence.
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

All the Addy Lee cars and vans have trackers in them now. Don't know how long they store the data but as said it might be worth contacting them with Date, Time and Location of the incident.

You never know, they might be able to trace the driver.
Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(